Caribbean Beach Resort

WaltDisneyWorld_fan

Original Poster
Recently I have been to Caribbean Beach Resort in WDW… For my surprise, this hotel was amazing, but what I loved the most was the vibe… Banana Cabana was open ’till late, just like the fantastic pool and we could see the SpaceShip Earth on the horizon. Furthermore, I love the music that gave us the Carribean ambience. I really really loved that hotel. However, when I saw some Disney hotel rankings, Carribean had a really bad qualification… That’s why I‘m writing this…

Am I the only one who thinks this resort is amazing and, probably better than most of the other resorts?

Tell me your thoughts on this !

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

Recently I have been to Caribbean Beach Resort in WDW… For my surprise, this hotel was amazing, but what I loved the most was the vibe… Banana Cabana was open ’till late, just like the fantastic pool and we could see the SpaceShip Earth on the horizon. Furthermore, I love the music that gave us the Carribean ambience. I really really loved that hotel. However, when I saw some Disney hotel rankings, Carribean had a really bad qualification… That’s why I‘m writing this…

Am I the only one who thinks this resort is amazing and, probably better than most of the other resorts?

Tell me your thoughts on this !
I’m staying a just a few days and am quite excited. My favorite moderate right now is POR, but Coronado is quite nice. I’ve stayed at every deluxe resort, most of which numerous times, and I have pretty unpopular taste it seems. I don’t like Grand Floridian very much, and my favorite resorts are Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and if we are allowed to go outside of WDW, Vero Beach. Hilton Head is nice, but the long distance to the beach isn’t ideal. I’ll probably post to this thread once I have finished my stay, but I am quite excited and am sure I will greatly enjoy it!

WaltDisneyWorld_fan

Original Poster
I’m staying a just a few days and am quite excited. My favorite moderate right now is POR, but Coronado is quite nice. I’ve stayed at every deluxe resort, most of which numerous times, and I have pretty unpopular taste it seems. I don’t like Grand Floridian very much, and my favorite resorts are Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and if we are allowed to go outside of WDW, Vero Beach. Hilton Head is nice, but the long distance to the beach isn’t ideal. I’ll probably post to this thread once I have finished my stay, but I am quite excited and am sure I will greatly enjoy it!
I’m sure it will be a fantastic time ! Are you going to “Mickey’s very merry christmas party” ? It’s certainly an event which you cannot miss !

KaliSplash

To answer your question, CB is the oldest "moderate" resort, even thought it has been updated.
It's also does not have as many amenities as the Deluxe hotels. It's also older than the Value resorts. So I think the main thing is the age of the resort, compared with other Disney resorts.

I actually prefer CB to other Moderates because of it's central location, compared with one near Disney Springs and the other near the Animal Kingdom. Also prefer the CB theme.

But I would rather be at almost any the Deluxe resorts instead.

Richie248

Coronado is my go to but recently stayed at CBR last month. I liked it, but didn't love it. Skyliner is nice, but the resort is so large. I prefer the convenience of Gran Destino Tower where I can hop in an Uber and be at Epcot/Studios/AK in 5-10 minutes. As far as food goes, it has solid options and depending on the location of your room, Riviera is close as well (which adds to the dining options). Pools were fine w/ the main pool feeling quite crowded. Rooms are being upgraded but found the room a step or two below CSR.

surfsupdon

Caribbean is an awesome Disney Resort. It is beautiful- when people think of Florida and the tropics, the Caribbean theme lends itself very well. I am glad you really enjoyed Caribbean Beach as it is my "sentimental favorite" Disney Resort. First time to stay onsite in '88 when I was 6yo, and we came back year after year to CBR until 2002. Then as a teacher, we used CBR as our senior trip resort from 2009-2019, and now with the Skyliner it is easy and fun to pop in for a walk around. CBR has had some pretty low lows as well as some great highs over the years. I always wish it well, and do favor CBR to several deluxe properties.

WaltDisneyWorld_fan

Original Poster
Caribbean is an awesome Disney Resort. It is beautiful- when people think of Florida and the tropics, the Caribbean theme lends itself very well. I am glad you really enjoyed Caribbean Beach as it is my "sentimental favorite" Disney Resort. First time to stay onsite in '88 when I was 6yo, and we came back year after year to CBR until 2002. Then as a teacher, we used CBR as our senior trip resort from 2009-2019, and now with the Skyliner it is easy and fun to pop in for a walk around. CBR has had some pretty low lows as well as some great highs over the years. I always wish it well, and do favor CBR to several deluxe properties.
Finnaly someone who thinks just like me ! I love the vibes that CBR gives… Looking foward to get back there onde day ! CBR is so relaxing…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom