Caribbean Beach Resort

Happy-go-Lucky

Hi everyone!
We just booked 2 rooms at Caribbean Beach and wanted to hear from some of you who are familiar with it and who have stayed there in the past. All I know about it is what I've seen on the internet. Anyone have any opinions (good or bad) about this resort???

How does it compare to Coronado Springs??

Thank you!!!!!!!

Moustronaut

My wife and I think CBR has a smaller cozier feel compared to CSR. CBR is made up of several smaller, lower buildings clumped together in regions. Since there isn't a big convention area and since the check-in is kinda off on it's own, it really feels just like a island resorts instead of a big pink motel six (which is what CSR reminded me of). Having said that, I think CBR actually bigger than CSR. But we stayed in the Jamica area so the food court and main pool were a short walk across the lake and through the island nature area so it didn't seem as big.

You'll notice more families and kids around at CBR than at CSR because of the lack of a convention center.

The pool at CBR isn't as good but still very nice it's smaller with more subtle theming. Food court is more traditional than CSR. CBR is very close to MGM and Epcot so bus rides are very short.

This is one of our favorite resorts, running a close race with Port Orleans Riverside.

Upvote 0

bferrara16

avoid Trinidad South

I've stayed at CBR twice and my only complaint about it comes from my more recent visit when I stayed in Trinidad South. Unless you value extreme privacy over proximity to the major amenities that you pay for, I would suggest requesting a room that isn't in Trinidad South. It was practically a 30 minute walk to the food court/shops/main pool/jacuzzi and, although you could take a bus there, it takes just as long and you'd end up going the long way around the resort. You could definitely maintain the relative quiet/privacy benefit that you get at South, but also get the added benefit of proximity to the other attractions of CBR by staying in one of the other "villages". I do love CBR, I just felt like I wasn't even staying there when I was in Trinidad South. (I guess another benefit was that oftentimes we were the last to be picked up for the resorts, which means a shorter bus ride, but that isn't always the case and often we were stuck standing because the seats had all been taken already, not to mention being the last stop on the ride home is a bad thing!)
Enjoy your trip! (Just ask for Aruba!)

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I have stayed at the CBR four times and enjoyed each trip. I have always requested Aruba or Jamica(building 44). You will be near the bridge to walk over the lake to the food court, main pool, etc. Also, if you are down at the main pool in the evening you can see some of the fireworks from Epcot. Very close as mentioned to Epcot and MGM. I have wanted to try CSR - it looks great! Have a great time!:wave:

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

CBR is great

My wife and I stayed at CBR a couple of years ago. We normally stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, but it was closed at the time. We thoroughly enjoyed CBR and will likely stay there again.:wave:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Totally avoid Trinidad south. I think that they should give discounts to people who stay over there. It is a long way from the main food court area, and it always seems to be the last stop on the park bus route.

Upvote 0

saltmom1

I totally love CBR. Like someome else said ask for Jamaica or Aruba. Jamaica is the first bus stop for one of the 2 bus routes. I also stayed in Jamaica 44- room 4403. There was a bus stop we could see from our room and about a 5 minute walk over a bridge and through a nice area to the food court and the main pool, which has a hot tub. (GREAT for the tired feet at the end of the day ). Enjoy CBR.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We LOVE the CBR. We requested rooms in Martinique - close to the food court, and one of the first stops on the bus route (at least, it was when we were there). It's a lovely resort, very laid-back, with lots of atmosphere. :wave:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Either one is centrally located, so you can't go wrong. CBR is a great resort for kids - the food court has the right selections for a family with widely-varied (but not exotic) tastes, the main pool is great, and there's a long walkway around the resort perfect for burning off any youthful energy left over after a long day at the parks!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We love Caribbean Beach. We've stayed there at least a dozen times, with three vacations of seven rooms booked for huge family vacations when we were younger. I think it is one of the best Resorts, especially for families with children. Aruba is our Island of choice, specifically 5256 or 5257. Exquisite unobstucted lake/beach views and morning sunrise just a short walk to Old Port Royale. Enjoy the Resort!!!

Upvote 0

nicholas

surfsupdon said:
Aruba is our Island of choice, specifically 5256 or 5257. Exquisite unobstucted lake/beach views
Donnie is ALWAYS raving about the view from his preferred rooms at CBR, so on my last trip, I made a point to make a side trip just to see if he knew what he was talking about. And, well, when it comes to CBR, he knows his stuff. The proof is in the pudding. This is the view...

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom