Caribbean Beach Resort Help

snhuff

My family is going the week of Dec 5th - 12th. We will be taking our three year old, my 15 year old niece, and my parents (70s). We wanted to stay at POFQ but it was booked up. We ended up booking CB. From reading the resort is fairly large so I am trying to figure out which area I should request. With my parents being older I am trying to cut down on the walking at the resort as we will be doing a lot of walking already. Which areas (not sure what they are called) should we request for reaching the bus stops and eating areas easily. How / when can you request the room area? The day we arrive or should I call. We would also like to have our rooms close togehter.

Any other CB tips would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

MCRRBA

You can call ahead and request one of the islands. They will try to make it happen but will make no promises. Trinadad North and Martinique are on either side of the central dining area. We stayed in Aruba, althought it is on the opposite side of the lake, a bridge with island connects it to the central area.This is also true with Jamaica which has a children's playground. We had a great time there. Our boys enjoyed both the main pool and the quiet pool at Aruba. We also spent time on the beach in front of our room. The buses worked well and we really loved it.
Allears.net has photos and a map which you may find helpful.

Have a great time

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

Unless you have a preferred room right up by the main building, you will be spread out over the huge area with either walking or a buses. There are like 4 bus stops in CB, but you will have to take a bus just to get to the main building for food,etc.

With any moderate, a preferred room REALLY pays off since you are at most 100 yards from the main building. It's not like the Values where you can be closer.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Unless you have a preferred room right up by the main building, you will be spread out over the huge area with either walking or a buses. There are like 4 bus stops in CB, but you will have to take a bus just to get to the main building for food,etc.

With any moderate, a preferred room REALLY pays off since you are at most 100 yards from the main building. It's not like the Values where you can be closer.

CB has 7 bus stops and is really large. I would request Trinidad North, either building 31 or 32. We have stayed there numerous times and that is where we always stay. Absolutely loved it.
Have a great time.

Upvote 0

carib2150

One of my personal favorites of all moderates

This resort is large but very beautiful. If you happen to get an island far away,don't dispair, it is a lovely walk to the custom house. We stayed there in August for the 3rd time and it seems to get even more beautiful than before. It really makes me feel I'm on a Caribbean island. They do have shuttles that do travel to the custom house but we rarely used it as we really enjoyed the landscaping. We were even in the newly themed pirate rooms, which some of the furthest rooms on property. You madean excellent choice. You will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

This resort is large but very beautiful. If you happen to get an island far away,don't dispair, it is a lovely walk to the custom house. We stayed there in August for the 3rd time and it seems to get even more beautiful than before. It really makes me feel I'm on a Caribbean island. They do have shuttles that do travel to the custom house but we rarely used it as we really enjoyed the landscaping. We were even in the newly themed pirate rooms, which some of the furthest rooms on property. You madean excellent choice. You will not be disappointed.
I agree Even the areas on the opposite side of the lake are within an easy walk. I had requested Aruba and got it even though i did not have a water view or preference reservation.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We stayed at CBR for the first time for a week last month, and I have been touting its praises ever since. We absolutely loved it. It really had that Caribbean feel with the brightly colored buildings and the steel drum music in the common areas. We had requested a (non-preferred) room in either Jamaica building 45 or Aruba building 51 because these two buildings were closest to the footbridge that leads across the lake to Port Royale which is where the food court and the main pool are located. They could not accommodate us the first night, but we were switched to Aruba 51 for the rest of the trip. It was so convenient to walk less than 5 minutes across the footbridge with that pretty view every morning.

The only bad thing about our room is that it wasn't too close to the Aruba bus stop. That was not an issue for us because we had a rental car and only took a bus once, but if you will be taking buses, you might want to request a room midway between the bus stop and the foot bridge. Alternatively, the rooms in the Preferred buildings (Martinique and Trinidad North) are also close to Port Royale without having to cross the footbridge. The furthest rooms are the pirate rooms in Trinidad South.

Here's a link to a map of the CBR to help you out with building numbers and locations.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

You will love this resort! We would go back in a heartbeat. :wave:

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

thanks for the info! We wanted to stay in CBR for the longest time! For my birthday on January 14, 2010! We will select CBR for My birthday!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I disagree that you "have to" take a bus to get to the main building. It depends where your room is. Most of the standard rooms are still a comfortable walking distance from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.
CBR is the ONLY one of Disney's 4 Moderate resorts that has a preferred location room category. You simply can't book a preferred location room at CSR, POR or POFQ. They don't exist.

CB has 7 bus stops and is really large. I would request Trinidad North, either building 31 or 32. We have stayed there numerous times and that is where we always stay. Absolutely loved it.
Have a great time.
The problem with requesting any of the three buildings in Trinidad North or Martinique 24-25-26 is that these buildings are in a separate room category called preferred location. These rooms must be reserved that way, and they cost about $25 extra per night. Merely "requesting" one of these buildings is asking for a free upgrade ... it can happen, but it's pretty unlikely.
Luckily, it's pretty rare that anyone needs to go to the Custom House during their stay. The Custom House has the front desk and lobby concierge desk. But Old Port Royale has everything else (shops, pool, food court, even a guest services desk).

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Jeany,
CBR has 33 guestroom buildings, and standard rooms are located in 21 of those 33 buildings. Standard rooms are available in: all 6 buildings in Aruba, all 6 buildings in Jamaica, all 6 buildings in Barbados, and buildings 21-22-23 in Martinique.

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

Jeany,
CBR has 33 guestroom buildings, and standard rooms are located in 21 of those 33 buildings. Standard rooms are available in: all 6 buildings in Aruba, all 6 buildings in Jamaica, all 6 buildings in Barbados, and buildings 21-22-23 in Martinique.

That what I need to know! Thanks! CleveRocks!:cool:

Upvote 0

carib2150

Ok, looking to book another trip now

Ok all this talk is making me wanna book another trip. After looking I am debating whether to book at the Poly (never stayed there) or back at our favorite the beautiful Caribbean Beach. Really the only way I'll book the Poly is with the buy 4 get 3 free promo.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

It will really depend on just how much the olde folks want to walk.

I stayed in Aruba and it was just a short heavenly 5 min walk at most to the food court at Old Port Royale. Using the footbridge.

There are bus stops at each village and there is a resort only bus so if needed you could take the internal resort bus from lets say Aruba to Old Port Royale if you need to. Just remember that the bus will stop at all stations. If I remember correctly if your in Aruba you next go to Barbados then Martinique then Old Port Royale. Followed by Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamacia then back to Aruba. This sounds alot Im sure but really not too bad. I stayed in Building 52, secound floor facing the water in Aruba and had a glorious time. Was only for 4 nights though. Wish it had been more.

By the way, the rooms are larger than any other Disney Moderate resort. Almost as big as some Deluxe rooms if I remember correctly.

But agree that Martinique bldg 25 -26 and Trinidad North bldg 31 - 32. Request early by phone before you get there and again at check in desk. With Pop Warner going on Dec 5 - 12 it will be harder to get specific rooms.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Stayed in Jamaica some years ago and LOVED it. Aruba is also a good choice. It's quieter on that side of the lake, and still a relatively short walk to Old Port Royal. The quiet pool and bus were close by. I highly recommend these villages. IIRC, the bus was closer in Jamaica than in Aruba when requesting a building close to the bridge.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I have found that the best buildings are Aruba #52 and Jamaica #45.
These two are close to the island bridge to Old Port Royale, but also very quiet buildings. They have fairly close bus stops, and their own pools very close. You can call ten days ahead to put in special requests, such as the room location and to have them close to each other, we did this for our trip back in sept. and was accomodated. Hopefully you have one reservation for both rooms, because if you dont, you will have problems with your free dining, i found out the hard way. have fun. Im there dec 13, but at POFQ:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom