Car Beach vs POR

Kriszee1

I have stayed at both and I just returned from Port Orleans on Sunday. I have to say, I prefer Car Beach. I had heard alot of people like POR, but everything is SOOOO far away! Check in was great, they accomodated my family when everyone HATED where they were. The cafeteria seems to be always crowded and no one working there had a smile on their face. I must say Mousekeeping there was EXCELLENT and the girls cleaning tables were so very nice. I like the "feel" of Car. Beach much better, I feel like I really got away from it all. Jamaica was nice, just a hop over the bridge and you were at the center of it all. At POR, we stayed in bldg 16. They seem to be a little smaller than Car beach, but I have a 3 yo and he did well on the trundle bed at Alligator Bayou. The stay at POR was nice, but everytime we passed Car Beach, I wanted to be there.

Upvote 0

L Fisher

Stayed at both, but CB is a lot better..It's more of a "family" atmosphere than POR..The food court is big, and many different food items to choose from..Pool is better to..Never had a problem with Mousekeeping even at any of the other resorts..:sohappy:

Upvote 0

GoofyGuySouthFl

Have stayed at both multiple times and of the 2 I much prefer POR over CBR. IMO CB is just as spread out as POR and the food court is not as nice. CBR also feels like a much older resort. Old Port Royale (the sit down restaurant) IMO is not as good as Boatwrights, the last time we ate there the food was just not good.

Upvote 0

Alztybrn

While I have never stayed at POR, we have stayed at CBR the last 2 summers and loved every part of it. The first time was just me and my wife, the second time with our kids, and it was great both times. We loved the resort!

Upvote 0
We have stayed at both. The rooms are bigger at CB and we really liked the resort. But we loved POR. The kids loved the pools at both places and felt that the food court at POR was better. The restaurant at POR was also better than CB.

Upvote 0

miles1

We've stayed at both and greatly preferred the POFQ. (The Port Orleans and the French Quarter are really two separate hotels). If you stay in the French Quarter, the walking distance to facilities and the bus stops is much more manageable.

Other reasons to choose it over the CBR:

1. The food court is much less crowded and actually serves some edible meals.
2. It's a lot quieter
3. Boat Launch to DTD
4. Bus service is faster and not as crowded
5. Rooms are very nicely decorated and immaculately clean.

The only down side was the poolside bar; by the time you get back to the hotel, it was usually closed.

Have a good time either way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom