Capture A Smile--Captain Eo Preshow

century3

Original Poster
Grettings everyone!

About six months or so, I posted a request to anyone who might have information on where audio or video of the Kodak Preshow "Capture a Smile" to Captain EO.

The background to the show is that it was the second preshow to that particular 3d theater. First was "Making Memories," the Preshow to Magic Journeys that lasted until 1987. That preshow did not follow Magic Journeys over to the Magic Tenure when it had a brief tenure there in the early 90's. Instead they had the Chip and Dale peanut cartoon which currently is the preshow to Philharmonic.

The next preshow was the "Capture a Smile" one that ran from 1987 or so (several people have mentioned that "Making Memories" breifly was the preshow to Captain Eo, but I cannot remember that). That show ran until the early to mid 90's, ultimately being replaced by "True Colors", about one to two seasons before Honey I Shrunk the Audience took shop in the Magic Eye Theater. That preshow ran there until the early 2000's. Now, the preshow is much more of a commercial for Kodak than ever, but is still fun to watch.

The story of "Capture A Smile" is that of a young photographer, who is trying to make a baby he is taking a picture of smile. We then follow that photographer throughout many life experiences, ultimately ending with him bringing his own child to the photographer, and saying "Get the Feeling I've Been Here Before" It is a very cute, awesome song....not so much an advertisement, but true Disney entertainment.

The corus Lyrics are "Capture A Smile, Say Cheese, Magic Memories....Turn a Big Frown Upside Down, You Know Its Easy. Smile! Say Cheese! Magic Memories! Everytime you Capture A Smile" I hesitate to post that because some out there may see "Magic Memories" and confuse that line with the entire song "Making Memories" Rest assured these are two entirely different songs.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of this please either msg me or better yet, post in the forums. If there are any questions about Epcot history in particular I'd be happy to take a crack at it. I formerly ran a Disney History website for about five years, and miss answering people's questions.

Thanks to everyone for keeping up such a great forum for Disney discussion

Anthony

Philharmagicman

"Capture a smile, say cheese!
A little laughter, if you please!
Turn a big frown upside down, you know it's easy.

SMILE! Say cheese!
Magic memories
Every time you capture a smile..."

CLASSIC. It was like an extended musical theatre sequence! I'm still trying to figure out who wrote that song. It couldn't have been the Shermans... I'm assuming it was probably Larry Grossman and Buz Kohan (who wrote "Gone Too Soon," and the American Teacher Awards anthem, among other things...), because it sounds closest to their melodic and lyrical style. Any help here?

And also I saw a Youtube video, probably the only known video of it in existence, where like two bits of it (one was after "I asked Mom if I could keep him, she said ASK YOUR FATHER!", and one was during the Honeymoon sequence, just before Colonial Williamsburg, I think) were interrupted by cast members trying to get guests standing up instead of sitting down to make room for people coming in. Anyone remember those bits?

If anyone can help me out with those, I would appreciate it!

KimAnnFran

Grettings everyone!

About six months or so, I posted a request to anyone who might have information on where audio or video of the Kodak Preshow "Capture a Smile" to Captain EO.

The background to the show is that it was the second preshow to that particular 3d theater. First was "Making Memories," the Preshow to Magic Journeys that lasted until 1987. That preshow did not follow Magic Journeys over to the Magic Tenure when it had a brief tenure there in the early 90's. Instead they had the Chip and Dale peanut cartoon which currently is the preshow to Philharmonic.

The next preshow was the "Capture a Smile" one that ran from 1987 or so (several people have mentioned that "Making Memories" breifly was the preshow to Captain Eo, but I cannot remember that). That show ran until the early to mid 90's, ultimately being replaced by "True Colors", about one to two seasons before Honey I Shrunk the Audience took shop in the Magic Eye Theater. That preshow ran there until the early 2000's. Now, the preshow is much more of a commercial for Kodak than ever, but is still fun to watch.

The story of "Capture A Smile" is that of a young photographer, who is trying to make a baby he is taking a picture of smile. We then follow that photographer throughout many life experiences, ultimately ending with him bringing his own child to the photographer, and saying "Get the Feeling I've Been Here Before" It is a very cute, awesome song....not so much an advertisement, but true Disney entertainment.

The corus Lyrics are "Capture A Smile, Say Cheese, Magic Memories....Turn a Big Frown Upside Down, You Know Its Easy. Smile! Say Cheese! Magic Memories! Everytime you Capture A Smile" I hesitate to post that because some out there may see "Magic Memories" and confuse that line with the entire song "Making Memories" Rest assured these are two entirely different songs.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of this please either msg me or better yet, post in the forums. If there are any questions about Epcot history in particular I'd be happy to take a crack at it. I formerly ran a Disney History website for about five years, and miss answering people's questions.

Thanks to everyone for keeping up such a great forum for Disney discussion

Anthony
I am so glad someone posted about this. It bugged me for years...and a lot of people, including "experts" claimed it did not exist. I found it on You Tube recently and it's so cool to watch again. I used to get teary eyed watching it.

Glad to have found this place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom