Cape May

chelbye

Original Poster
Hi all, long time lurker here.
I am leaving for Disney on Friday and have been catching up on reading dining reviews for our ADRs. Rumor is that Cape May may have changed the quality of their food. Husband and I go to Cape May once a trip because I love clams and he loves the crab and we don't get it very often in landlocked Colorado.

Any idea if Cape May has changed anything recently? Last time we went was October of 2017 and didn't notice a change.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We were there last in September for a few nights and they have slightly changed the menu offerings. I know that the website menu has become less than helpful having been reduced to categories instead of items.

They had (as of our last visit) replaced the clams in shell with mussels, but they still have fried clam strips. They still have all you care to eat snow crab legs, but they've reduced the size of the serving pans (which IMHO isnt a bad thing, as they dont sit there turning to rubber). The carving station at the time had changed to sirloin with a coffee rub which we did not like. They still have wonderful large chilled shrimp, Olives in garlic oil, salads and other sides. The desserts have contracted to tarts and cookies, although the lemon curd tarts are quite tasty.

chelbye

Original Poster
We were there last in September for a few nights and they have slightly changed the menu offerings. I know that the website menu has become less than helpful having been reduced to categories instead of items.

They had (as of our last visit) replaced the clams in shell with mussels, but they still have fried clam strips. They still have all you care to eat snow crab legs, but they've reduced the size of the serving pans (which IMHO isnt a bad thing, as they dont sit there turning to rubber). The carving station at the time had changed to sirloin with a coffee rub which we did not like. They still have wonderful large chilled shrimp, Olives in garlic oil, salads and other sides. The desserts have contracted to tarts and cookies, although the lemon curd tarts are quite tasty.

Thank you! Our biggest concern was the replacement of the clams and the smaller crab legs... maybe we'll look at a different restaurant.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you! Our biggest concern was the replacement of the clams and the smaller crab legs... maybe we'll look at a different restaurant.

The crab legs are the same size and quality as they have been for the past 10 or so years. They keep them filled, just the pans are smaller. They've changed their cooking routine so they don't have 40 Lbs coming out at once that creates a stampede of customers.

chelbye

Original Poster
The crab legs are the same size and quality as they have been for the past 10 or so years. They keep them filled, just the pans are smaller. They've changed their cooking routine so they don't have 40 Lbs coming out at once that creates a stampede of customers.

Ah. I read that incorrectly. Thanks. Any other suggestions for seafood buffet in WDW?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ah. I read that incorrectly. Thanks. Any other suggestions for seafood buffet in WDW?

Garden Grove at the Swolfin is the only other option and thats only Thursday-Sunday, and they only have clam strips as well.

Paddlefish and Bluezoo would be your ala carte options for clams other than fried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom