Can't run in Princess 5K - options?

Karenb64

Original Poster
I'm registered to run in the Princess 5K with my sister. I'm having foot problems so I may not be able to run. After registering, can I give my number to my 13 year old daughter to run in my place? We've never done any kind of race before so we don't know how all this works. I don't want to feel like I've wasted the money and I want my sister to have someone to do this with.

dreamfinder

Technically and officially, there is nothing you can do except to look into the deferral process. However, in the numerous runDisney 5k events I have done, I can say that I have never been asked to show ID of any form at any point other than bib pickup. And since the 5ks are not timed, nor are awards given other than the finishers medals, the odds of anyone noticing or caring are pretty gosh darn slim.

Texas84

Yep, agree with @dreamfinder. You will have to pick up the bib but no one will check ID at the race. They are only looking for corral. You just don't want to give a guy's bib to a woman and vice versa since it will have your name on it. Go for it.

Karenb64

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping this was the case. My problem now is that when I asked my daughter if she would be willing to take my place and run with her aunt, she was so excited about the possibility. She has started planning her princess costume! I have a feeling that I may be out of this race one way or another.:rolleyes:

Texas84

Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping this was the case. My problem now is that when I asked my daughter if she would be willing to take my place and run with her aunt, she was so excited about the possibility. She has started planning her princess costume! I have a feeling that I may be out of this race one way or another.:rolleyes:

:D

If you decide later that you can run, check the official travel agents on the runDisney web site and see if you can get a registration in her name. Might be too late but sometimes they have slots left over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom