Can't Complete MagicBand Order

pumba100

Original Poster
We received the invitation to test MyMagic+ 5 days ago and have been trying ever since to go online to customize and activate the bands and/or cards. The site fails every time we try. Tried 3 different browsers because we heard the site is picky about which products you use. Nope - still doesn't work.

This whole 'My Disney Experience' thing looks like just another Disney red herring of technology. If they can't keep their web site running how on earth are they going to run a program of this scale?

pumba100

Original Poster
Yes. I was greeted with a message that said I could expect to be connected to an agent in 25-30 minutes (more Disney fine guest service). An hour and 10 minutes later I hung up in frustration.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Wow, that sure is surpring to hear. The one time I had to call to resolve a minor MDE issue, I was speaking with someone within a couple of minutes and they fixed it within 5 minutes of speaking with them. The reviews of the system by folks on these forums has been mostly positive so calling it a red herring is a bit of a stretch.

awoogala

We called last Saturday. They basically said= "it's a mess, we can leave a note so you get what you want if you call back".
I don't believe they have hired enough competent IT people. The poor CS poeple are dealing with more than they bargained for. The IT people (if you get them!), are so stressed, there is nothing like the regular Disney CS about them. They are curt, and well.. umm, rude. Occasionally nasty.
I feel sorry for all the employees that work for Disney. None of this is their fault. If I were not an obsessed Disney fan/stay-at-home-mother, this whole thing...would have been a nightmare. I have more than enough time to deal wtih it(though it has taken much more time than it should have! and my poor kids have SUFFERED for a decent disney vacation- how absurd is that??).
What about the working moms... the single moms... how the hell are they supposed to navigate this nightmare???

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We received the invitation to test MyMagic+ 5 days ago and have been trying ever since to go online to customize and activate the bands and/or cards. The site fails every time we try. Tried 3 different browsers because we heard the site is picky about which products you use. Nope - still doesn't work.

This whole 'My Disney Experience' thing looks like just another Disney red herring of technology. If they can't keep their web site running how on earth are they going to run a program of this scale?
Are you sure you didn't go to Healthcare.gov by mistake?

jlsHouston

I hope mine came activated....Got them like a week and a half ago..Tried mine on...don't like...showed them to kids and they love them...good thing kids would have to know my pin to go shopping with them...I hope they can get their food without my pin..
I am not going to stress before our upcoming trip about these bands or the FP+. But as soon as I check in I am getting myself a KttW card as back up.

asialeigh

I hope mine came activated....Got them like a week and a half ago..Tried mine on...don't like...showed them to kids and they love them...good thing kids would have to know my pin to go shopping with them...I hope they can get their food without my pin..
I am not going to stress before our upcoming trip about these bands or the FP+. But as soon as I check in I am getting myself a KttW card as back up.

Charging privileges defaults to the adults only. Children can have charging privileges only if requested. Charging privileges and use of dining plan is separate. They will need the pin to use dining plan points but won't be able to make actual purchases. Just like the key to the world card does/did.

awoogala

Charging privileges defaults to the adults only. Children can have charging privileges only if requested. Charging privileges and use of dining plan is separate. They will need the pin to use dining plan points but won't be able to make actual purchases. Just like the key to the world card does/did.
where have you found this? as per the "terms" I saw, kids instantly get charging privileges up to $25. Please let me know, because it's frightening if not.

Minnie1976

What does Kttw stand for?

asialeigh

where have you found this? as per the "terms" I saw, kids instantly get charging privileges up to $25. Please let me know, because it's frightening if not.

I know this because I work front desk at Art of Animation and I set up charging privileges and pins on a daily basis. We always ask who do you want to have charging privileges for? And it's defaulted for only adults.

matt9112

I know this because I work front desk at Art of Animation and I set up charging privileges and pins on a daily basis. We always ask who do you want to have charging privileges for? And it's defaulted for only adults.

+1 my two year old sons car would not buy anything...just FPs

matt9112

Well, maybe for those folks it worked well. Based on my experience it's a red herring. We all have the right to an opinion, don't we? Sorry you got offended.
not my intention.

i believe all that was pointed out is that for most people (specially recently) most reviews and or opinions were that most of the kinks had been ironed out...not all but most.

granted i must say i have called Disney for website issues before regarding reservations and i have never waited that long.

awoogala

According to Disney's TOS for magic band-
-Guests ages 10 years and older on your reservation will automatically be given charging privileges. Charging privileges can be changed at the front desk of your hotel.
So if you mean disney's version of adults, ages ten and up, sure. But the default, if it is not changed, is 10, according to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom