Can't bank Developer Points?

look1angel

Original Poster
I was just told by a CM that I have 171 developer points left & they will expire Oct 3,2009. He said I can not bank these they have to be used, is that correct? If so can I rent/give these out to someone else? I already have a trip planned for Oct 18th & he indicated I had to stay before the date they expired. Seems like such a waste. My family & I are going at AKL (home resort) 6/14/09, tried to switch out to Saratoga Springs but nothing was available. Still new at all this so any advise would be nice

tjkraz

The info you were given is correct--they expire on October 3, 2009 and they cannot be banked. Also the Developer's Points can only be used at Saratoga Springs and many are already reporting slim pickins due to all of the restrictions listed above.

SMRT-1Michael

You cant bank developer points because they are a free gift until your home resort is complete. And they have to be used up by October

Sigmundooze

They CAN be banked through TDI (I think that's the name of the third party company). We just joined and got the same promotion and thats what we were told anyways.

tjkraz

They CAN be banked through TDI (I think that's the name of the third party company). We just joined and got the same promotion and thats what we were told anyways.

It's actually RCI but I think you're correct that Developer's Points can be deposited with them for an exchange. Members should check their purchase docs to make sure that's an option as DVC has made a lot of changes to the terms and conditions of Developer's Points over the years.

Depositing the points with RCI would give owners a year or so to secure a trade. But it's worth noting that once deposited the points cannot be used for DVC or other Disney destinations (DCL, non-DVC hotels, etc.) It has to be one of the other destinations on the World Passport collection...all pending availability, of course.

JoeMcCann

Banking Developer points

I bought into AKV in October 2008. I received 160 free points which I will use in August. These points would expire Sept 1 2009 and I have to use them so, I banked my AKV points to next year to give me 320 to use in 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom