Cannot link hotel reservation to MDE

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So my dad and I just booked my senior trip for this July... My dad used his Disney account to purchase the trip, however he is not going.

When I try to link the trip to "My Disney Experience" on either his or her MDE account.. We get an error that says "This reservation was made by _______ and is already linked to a Disney account. Please contact ____ regarding this reservation."

We didn't create a new Disney account for my name.. Why is it saying this? There is no other Disney account we have ever used!

Rob562

So my dad and I just booked my senior trip for this July... My dad used his Disney account to purchase the trip, however he is not going.

When I try to link the trip to "My Disney Experience" on either his or her MDE account.. We get an error that says "This reservation was made by _______ and is already linked to a Disney account. Please contact ____ regarding this reservation."

We didn't create a new Disney account for my name.. Why is it saying this? There is no other Disney account we have ever used!

What are the names listed as guests on the reservation? Yours? Your Dad's? Do you have your own MDE profile? Is anyone else other than you going on the trip?

When making the reservation, someone who is actually staying in the room should be listed as the Lead Guest. If your Dad is listed as the Lead Guest and isn't going on the trip, you'll have a problem. If the intention was just for him to pay for the trip (either the deposit or the entire thing) it really should have been booked under *your* account and then you just used his credit card to pay for it.

If it's linked to his profile, you're going to have to call Disney to correct the names on the reservation as well as get it linked to the proper profiles.

-Rob

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
What are the names listed as guests on the reservation? Yours? Your Dad's? Do you have your own MDE profile? Is anyone else other than you going on the trip?

When making the reservation, someone who is actually staying in the room should be listed as the Lead Guest. If your Dad is listed as the Lead Guest and isn't going on the trip, you'll have a problem. If the intention was just for him to pay for the trip (either the deposit or the entire thing) it really should have been booked under *your* account and then you just used his credit card to pay for it.

If it's linked to his profile, you're going to have to call Disney to correct the names on the reservation as well as get it linked to the proper profiles.

-Rob

It said that I am the lead guest, but that there is a different Disney account.

I just eventually ended up deciding to call Disney. The lady was very helpful.. The computer was annoying.

Rob562

It said that I am the lead guest, but that there is a different Disney account.

I just eventually ended up deciding to call Disney. The lady was very helpful.. The computer was annoying.

I presume you got it all straightened out with your phone call.

If I were to hazard a guess, perhaps while making the reservation Dad created a second "you" as a managed-by-him profile under his own account, and the reservation got linked to that copy of you, rather than the real "you" that has your own MDE account? So even though it was your name, the MDE system saw them as two separate people with the same name.

-Rob

Dizknee_Phreek

I've also been having trouble linking my reservation with my account. I'm using my parents' DVC points. They're not going, but had to make the reservation since it's their points. Mom said she gave them my name and info. My parents don't have an online account and I just made mine, so I don't think that's the issue. And I've tried putting in my phone number and their's, just in case. But I keep getting this message: "Your reservation cannot be located as entered." I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I tried calling the number they provided but it sent me to Disney Dining. I didn't think that would help me much so I just hung up. The site wouldn't even let me update my profile picture. I tried going through our iPad, and I at least was able to change that, but it still gave me the same message on the reservation.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I presume you got it all straightened out with your phone call.

If I were to hazard a guess, perhaps while making the reservation Dad created a second "you" as a managed-by-him profile under his own account, and the reservation got linked to that copy of you, rather than the real "you" that has your own MDE account? So even though it was your name, the MDE system saw them as two separate people with the same name.

-Rob

Yes! That is what happened. And it would not link to my dad's MDE app either. So it made some sort of mysterious 3rd account.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I've also been having trouble linking my reservation with my account. I'm using my parents' DVC points. They're not going, but had to make the reservation since it's their points. Mom said she gave them my name and info. My parents don't have an online account and I just made mine, so I don't think that's the issue. And I've tried putting in my phone number and their's, just in case. But I keep getting this message: "Your reservation cannot be located as entered." I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I tried calling the number they provided but it sent me to Disney Dining. I didn't think that would help me much so I just hung up. The site wouldn't even let me update my profile picture. I tried going through our iPad, and I at least was able to change that, but it still gave me the same message on the reservation.

When I called, and the computer asked me what I wanted to talk about, I said "My Disney Experience". Then it asked if I wanted to know more about it I said yes. After I listened to that useless information, it asked if I wanted to speak to an actual person. I said yes. The lady was able to help me out from there!

Calling is the best way to fix the problem. You just have to navigate past the stupid computer. Even if it takes you to Disney dining, you can tell whoever picks up that you want to speak about not being able to link your account. They'll transfer your call to the right person.

Dizknee_Phreek

When I called, and the computer asked me what I wanted to talk about, I said "My Disney Experience". Then it asked if I wanted to know more about it I said yes. After I listened to that useless information, it asked if I wanted to speak to an actual person. I said yes. The lady was able to help me out from there!

Calling is the best way to fix the problem. You just have to navigate past the stupid computer. Even if it takes you to Disney dining, you can tell whoever picks up that you want to speak about not being able to link your account. They'll transfer your call to the right person.
Got it! I'll try again, then. I never got the thing asking what I wanted to talk about. It just sent me straight to Disney Dining. There's a different number at the bottom of the page, so I'll try that one and see what happens. Thanks!

Dizknee_Phreek

Try calling the MDE Help Desk directly at 407-939-7765.

-Rob
Perfect! Thanks Rob! So far I've seen 2-3 different numbers on the website. None of which were the one you just gave me. I'm sure any of them would have got me to who I needed to talk to eventually, but I like to cut out the middle man when I can :)

Dizknee_Phreek

Thanks again for your help guys! The cast member I talked to was extremely helpful. Turns out two of the numbers in the confirmation number my mom gave me were reversed. Not only did he find the problem, but he also linked my reservation for me! I'm good to go! :D

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Thanks again for your help guys! The cast member I talked to was extremely helpful. Turns out two of the numbers in the confirmation number my mom gave me were reversed. Not only did he find the problem, but he also linked my reservation for me! I'm good to go! :D

Ain't it funny how we hesitate on calling yet we know it's the easiest way to solve our problems?? :confused::hilarious: Glad everything's good for you now! :) the cast members on the phone services really know their stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom