Candlelight Processional Hosts

VanityVictim

Original Poster
Does anyone know when the hosts for the Disney Candlelight Processional are booked. My school choir plans on auditioning and participating this year. We did participate last year, but we had Kirk Cameron as a host... he isn't really my kind of celebrity.

I'm praying for a teen star, like Ashley Tisdale or Lucas Grabeel!!

Thanks!

TestTrack

I think the goal is to get a famous person who is Christian and wants to do it. Not just a person that is "hot" at the time. Look back at past years and notice the amount of repeat hosts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the goal is to get a famous person who is Christian and wants to do it. Not just a person that is "hot" at the time. Look back at past years and notice the amount of repeat hosts.
I guess we will never see Tom Cruise or John Travolta do the CP.:lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe they should have a scientology Candlelight processional....:lookaroun
What a great idea. The could offer auditing sessions (for a nominal fee of $49.95) and let us know what our operating Thetan level is. (which will be explained to us for an additional $99.95):lookaroun

cooleo

Looks like my options are Steven Curtis Chapman or TBD. I hear that TBD is a really awesome host. :lookaroun :hammer:

devoy1701

I'm excited about it! I've already got my preferred seating for Kirk Cameron on the 17th. I really wanted to see Edward James Olmos do the reading, but we leave the night before he is scheduled. I bet Gary Sinese is really good too.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I need to go down during Dec. 5-7, so I can see Rashad, who, IMO, is far and away the best. Although, I hear Gary Sinise, who always seems to get Christmas, is very good as well.

Out of sheer curiosity...has anyone seen Marlee Matlin? How exactly does it work with her? Is the performance entirely signed? I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm just curious how it works with her.

RiversideBunny

Gary Sinese was great when we saw him.
He seems to always get the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day time frame.

This year we have TBD, so far, for December 12th.

:xmas: :xmas:

sarajo

We have seen CP three times with Sandi Patti, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Gary Sinise narrating. All three of them did a wonderful job. But, I think I was most impressed with Gary Sinise because you don't expect him- a big Hollywood-type- to do a reading of the Christian Christmas story... and do it with a great deal of conviction. With both Sandi Patti and Steven Curtis Chapman, you kind of expect them to do a great job because of their being contemporary Christian recording artists. We also got to meet Steven Curtis and Gary Sinise, and they were both such down-to-earth guys who greeted you by looking you in the eye and giving a firm handshake. They even took the time to make small talk with us.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of those on this year's list.

Number_6

I was lucky enough to attend a few years ago and see Eartha Kitt. She was just amazing. She delivered it with such passion and feeling it was impossible not to be moved by her.

maxime29

Premium Member
Gary is definitely a great presenter. We attended two processionals with him as the speaker. The third time, Gary was supposed to present, but he had to back out the last minute. We ended up seeing John Stamos instead. He was definitely full of himself. :dazzle:

Unfortunately, we won't see Gary this year since we arrive on the 25th, and we already have reservations in DTD. We might still attend the show with Matlin or whoever is doing it before.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was lucky enough to attend a few years ago and see Eartha Kitt. She was just amazing. She delivered it with such passion and feeling it was impossible not to be moved by her.

She has a great voice- very intense. I've never heard her do the CP, but I bet she'd be great. Does she roll her r's like she did when she was Catwoman?? (perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom