cancellation policy?

songbird

a freind of mine wants to go next spring. but she asked a question I couldn't answer.

I usually take one of the resort packages. she likes that idea. but I've never had to cancel a trip, so I don't know how to answer her question.

how far in advance do yu have to cancel in order to get your money back?

SamatBCV

Good Question. I'm not sure, however, if she wanted to, Disney does offer travel insurance if she doesn't mind paying for it. (I think it runs about $100-$150).

Upvote 0

tybroid59

Walt Disney Travel's cancellation goes like this ..

More than 56 days ....loose deposit
29 - 56 days 50%
15 - 28 days 70%
14 days 90%
day of departure 100%

I guess most are something like that ..

Im not sure about cancellation insurance you must read the small print because they usually have loads of exclusions.
You cant just cancel becaue you feel like it

Funnily enough we cancelled our holiday with them and they offered us most of our deposit back . They were very sympathetic

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by songbird
a freind of mine wants to go next spring. but she asked a question I couldn't answer.

I usually take one of the resort packages. she likes that idea. but I've never had to cancel a trip, so I don't know how to answer her question.

how far in advance do yu have to cancel in order to get your money back?

Here is the official cancellation policy from the DTA website.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGE FEES

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees by hotels or other suppliers. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is a change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
In addition:
If your air travel has been ticketed, there will be an additional cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the higher of (i) $75 and (ii) the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline; provided, however, that cancellation of a published, promotional or other nonrefundable airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare.
Travel insurance is nonrefundable once deposit has been received. Upon any cancellation, the charge for travel insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom