Canceling hotel, what happens to FP?

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hi all,
We have an upcoming reservation over the summer. It’s looking like there’s a chance we may need to bump back our arrival date. The problem is that I won’t know for awhile.

We would not be canceling our trip. Just one hotel (the first half of a split stay) not a package. We have APs.

I’m worried about losing our FP for the second half of the trip. I read something that implied if you cancel a hotel reservation they cancel your FP. Obviously we wouldn’t need FP for the dates we wouldn’t be there, but if I make FP for the whole trip, the second half shouldn’t be canceled, right?

The other complication is that we’re meeting family down there. So a different room, but overlapping dates with our first half. If I make FP for them, they should be safe?

It’s a bit crazy that this is so complicated.
Any advice would be great.

nickys

Premium Member
Hi all,
We have an upcoming reservation over the summer. It’s looking like there’s a chance we may need to bump back our arrival date. The problem is that I won’t know for awhile.

We would not be canceling our trip. Just one hotel (the first half of a split stay) not a package. We have APs.

I’m worried about losing our FP for the second half of the trip. I read something that implied if you cancel a hotel reservation they cancel your FP. Obviously we wouldn’t need FP for the dates we wouldn’t be there, but if I make FP for the whole trip, the second half shouldn’t be canceled, right?

The other complication is that we’re meeting family down there. So a different room, but overlapping dates with our first half. If I make FP for them, they should be safe?

It’s a bit crazy that this is so complicated.
Any advice would be great.

First part is relatively easy. You will get an email probably 24-48 hours after you cancel, saying you will lose your fastpasses. The Fps for the cancelled stay will be deleted, the others should be OK. I say “should” because they did try to come up with a way to delete any made with the 60 day advantage, but didn’t really find a reliable one.

Second part: so they have an onsite stay for the part that you’re cancelling? You’re just doing the donkey work for them, correct? Assuming that is the case, theirs should be fine. If however you used your stay to book for them because they aren’t staying onsite, then theirs will be cancelled.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
First part is relatively easy. You will get an email probably 24-48 hours after you cancel, saying you will lose your fastpasses. The Fps for the cancelled stay will be deleted, the others should be OK. I say “should” because they did try to come up with a way to delete any made with the 60 day advantage, but didn’t really find a reliable one.

Second part: so they have an onsite stay for the part that you’re cancelling? You’re just doing the donkey work for them, correct? Assuming that is the case, theirs should be fine. If however you used your stay to book for them because they aren’t staying onsite, then theirs will be cancelled.
Everyone is onsite. Just trying to sort out our arrivals. There’s a work project that may mean my family group has to come later. Fingers crossed we don’t actually have an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom