Canceling an ADR online

eliz603

Original Poster
Ugh.

I've been trying to cancel an ADR for Tusker House for about a week on my MDE app. Keeps telling me there's a blip in the system. I finally figured out where to cancel ADRs on the website. Yay! Downside - it's telling me that online cancelation isn't available for that experience. Seriously? I can't cancel lunch at Tusker House online?

I know I will just need to call. Not asking how to do this. But is this just me? I can cancel other ADRs, but Tusker House? Or is this just yet another 'blip' in the system?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Sounds like a system glitch. Last week two of my ADRs have switched to June instead of May but when I tried to rebook for the correct month it showed it was indeed scheduled for May after all. I logged out then back in and it corrected the info. Maybe that may work for you? Otherwise I would call.

eliz603

Original Poster
I'm just less than impressed with MDE right now. All of my ADRs on my app have changed to an hour ahead. Now I can't even do one of the basic functions - cancel an ADR.

Like I said, I know I need to just call, but this just seems more buggy than it should. But in light of everything else I hear....

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm just less than impressed with MDE right now. All of my ADRs on my app have changed to an hour ahead. Now I can't even do one of the basic functions - cancel an ADR.

Like I said, I know I need to just call, but this just seems more buggy than it should. But in light of everything else I hear....

I agree. For our whole vacation experiences, adrs to fp+, to be relying on this website & app, it sure seems glitchy.

eliz603

Original Poster
But if they just don't show up, they risk getting hit with the $10 per person credit card fee.

Yep. Which for us would be $50.

The online ressies have been around a while, and I've never had this kind of issue. I guess when they combined it with all the + whatevers.

tlev

I had some craziness of my own on the reservation site today. All of a sudden it showed that I had a ressie for Ohana for Sunday night. I cancelled the ressie about a month ago and have not seen it since. I closed out of the Disney site then went back in and it was gone. I wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to be charged as a no-show!

eliz603

Original Poster
Or I could do what I just did - make a 2 minute phone call and cancel. :) I didn't even realize it's automated now. I never could get it to work, but at least it's off my account.

Saw where supposedly MDE is about to get an upgrade. Hopefully that's true!

WEIRD for that ghost ADR to show up!! Haven't seen that one yet.

NC Del

I cancelled 2 different reservations in the last 2 weeks, one via the app & one on my computer. The only weird thing that happened was that I still got a reminder email for the one dinner I cancelled but when i checked MDE on the phone & computer, it wasn't there so I assume it was just pre-programmed or something.

UberPlannerMom

I think I have figured it out- I can cancel online the reservations that I made online but have to call for the reservations that I called to make.

eliz603

Original Poster
I think I have figured it out- I can cancel online the reservations that I made online but have to call for the reservations that I called to make.

Glad you figured out your glitch! I still find no rhyme or reason to mine. I did all mine on the app. Some I can cancel online, others I can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom