Canceled Magic Band order

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We had a room reservation and base tickets for our visit in July, but changed to a package when free dining was recently offered. I didn't lose our ADRs, but it did cancel our magic band order. Since we ordered and paid for specialty magic bands, I have a request right now with Disney Merchandise to see if we can get still get the order, but it takes 1-2 weeks for them to figure out. If they can't, we will have to order magic bands again and most likely the same ones will not be available. Has this happened to anyone else and did you get your order in the end? Thanks!

NeedMoreMickey

We had resort booked and I ordered he magic bands, one red and one special. Canceled our resort room a few weeks laterbut the bands were still shipped. Rebooked with a AP discount and got more bands.

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I guess I'm a bit confused...
When yo go on the website its not giving the option to choose magic bands?

Yes, we ordered the Magic Bands and the payment went through. After changing our reservation, I noticed on MDE that it was asking us to order the Magic Bands again. I called Disney and they put me in contact with Disney Merchandise who confirmed that the order was canceled because it was attached to the original reservation.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes, we ordered the Magic Bands and the payment went through. After changing our reservation, I noticed on MDE that it was asking us to order the Magic Bands again. I called Disney and they put me in contact with Disney Merchandise who confirmed that the order was canceled because it was attached to the original reservation.
So it IS giving you the option to order again?
As long as your original order of upgraded magic bands was refunded then you wouldnt be paying twice for them.
Just go select new ones...

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just checked and I still haven't received a refund for the Magic Bands order. It's the only reason I haven't ordered again because they told me wait until I heard back from them. It's been a couple of week, so I guess I'll have to follow-up.

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just a quick update that I finally heard from Disney Merchandise and they were not able to retrieve the original order. So the Magic Band order was cancelled and I will be refunded what we paid in 5-7 business days. Once I received that confirmation, I ordered new Magic Bands. Our choices were no longer available, so we picked new ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom