Cancel or not?

LaughingGravy

Another advantage of the car for the other parks besides MK ( since you will be at the Contemporary) is the ability to be at the park before opening and also after closing, if you want to get your money's worth per hour.

Tom P.

Hello all,after watching this sight for the last 2 months I am wondering should we go? I grew up watching WDW being built and have spent many hours there.But we haven't been in 8 years.I had our trip on my "Bucket List" to stay in the Contemporary Hotel and do WDW.But it sounds so regimented and not "Walt" like.Is it really that bad?I have booked 5 nights at the Contemporary (10/8-10/13).Has WDW changed or have the people going changed.WDW has always been my best memories.
Go. For pete's sake, GO!

Walt Disney World is still a wonderful and -- dare I say it? -- magical place. The people you are listening to on here are a bunch of crotchety old farts who want Bob Iger to get off their lawn.

Are there things that WDW needs to do better, or things that were done in the past better than they are now? Sure. But if all you go on is the threads around here, you'd think that the place was the sixth circle of Hell now. Ignore them.

Go. Enjoy yourself. You won't regret it.

FettFan

The most negativity is coming from those who want things to be just as it was back when. Thats not realistic in any world. Having been away for 8 years, youre in for a different Disney with some thrilling improvements. Sure there are more numbers of guests, more competition for dining, more advanced planning needed .... but with those things, there are many more opportunities to enjoy your trip as never before as long as you go into it informed and prepared. Dont think for a minute a trip to WDW will be less magical than you are hoping for.

Nothing wrong with that....especially now that Disney is charging resort guests for parking.
Yep. You book a Disney hotel...and now have to pay extra to park there.

Say what you will about Michael Eisner, especially in his troubled latter days as CEO after the death of Frank Wells.
But even then, you KNOW in your heart of hearts that Eisner would have vetoed this kind of idea before it even got close to being out of the gate. Then he would have buried it deep so that nobody would have found out that such a proposal ever existed to begin with.

Bob Iger is a corporate honey badger. He takes what he wants.

YankeeMouse

Go! Contemporary is very cool. The way I look at it, you do some planning ahead of time to make the rest of your vacation go smoothly. If you don't plan before you go, i.e., dining reservations and fastpasses, you will wander around frustrated. Plan ahead of time and just enjoy when you are there.

Raineman

Before I answer the OP's question, I have to get this out, and I have been looking for the perfect thread to put it in, but this will have to do. Everyone here that sees Disney now as a heartless, money grubbing corporation, I have to ask this: why, in 2018, would you think that Disney would be different from most, if not all, large national/multinational corporations in the world? If your answer is that "Disney used to be a company that cared about it's paying guests and held customer service and value at the highest level", that is something you could apply to many companies when you compare now to 20-30 years ago. Look at most North American airlines, for example; the level of customer service and value for your dollar has diminished, while prices continue to rise. Sound familiar? And that's just one example of many, especially if you look at any corporation involved in any form of mass entertainment. So, I will ask again, what did you think would be different about the Disney corporation that would make them immune to this issue? Even back in Uncle Walt's day, if he knew he could not make money doing what he did, I doubt he would continue to do it. It has ALWAYS been a business, it's just that now the objectives of every major corporation has changed radically from then to a point that profits are king, and everything else is a slave to that. And, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I strongly believe that will never change, barring such a large % of former customers never returning and causing a lot of red in the Disney parks & resorts ledger.
To answer the OPs question: just go. Form your own opinion. If you go, and your dissatisfaction level is enough that you never want to return, then at least you'll know where you stand with WDW.

Leigh51

Original Poster
Before I answer the OP's question, I have to get this out, and I have been looking for the perfect thread to put it in, but this will have to do. Everyone here that sees Disney now as a heartless, money grubbing corporation, I have to ask this: why, in 2018, would you think that Disney would be different from most, if not all, large national/multinational corporations in the world? If your answer is that "Disney used to be a company that cared about it's paying guests and held customer service and value at the highest level", that is something you could apply to many companies when you compare now to 20-30 years ago. Look at most North American airlines, for example; the level of customer service and value for your dollar has diminished, while prices continue to rise. Sound familiar? And that's just one example of many, especially if you look at any corporation involved in any form of mass entertainment. So, I will ask again, what did you think would be different about the Disney corporation that would make them immune to this issue? Even back in Uncle Walt's day, if he knew he could not make money doing what he did, I doubt he would continue to do it. It has ALWAYS been a business, it's just that now the objectives of every major corporation has changed radically from then to a point that profits are king, and everything else is a slave to that. And, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I strongly believe that will never change, barring such a large % of former customers never returning and causing a lot of red in the Disney parks & resorts ledger.
To answer the OPs question: just go. Form your own opinion. If you go, and your dissatisfaction level is enough that you never want to return, then at least you'll know where you stand with WDW.
I think I have to agree that in most venues customer service has diminished.WDW cannot be worse than the airlines.But I am going and will have fun.We will make FP but no food reservations.I don't want to spend time sitting and eating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom