Canada pavillion to get Meet-n-Greet

trentino

Original Poster
My sister-in-law is a CM on the International Program working at Le Cellier. She informed me the other day that the Canada pavillion will _finally_ be getting a character greeting!

A few weeks before the upcoming "Brother Bear" movie launches, the two Bob and Doug McKenzie type moose will begin appearing in Canada at Epcot. Tuke and Rutt are the two moose voiced in the movie by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.

Canada hasn't seen character greetings since the days of Mountie Mickey. There was also a walk-around Mountie Pooh apparently that I saw in a clip from an old TV special. Does anyone actually remember seeing Mountie Pooh in person?

Yeah!!!

Merlin0402

How are they going to pull off a moose? Are they going to make them animatronic like Lucky? Or will it be two people in a normal suit? This will be interseting to see...

PhotoDave219

Here and i was hoping thats what they were going to do with the unemployeed hockey players come lockout time next season. I mean, that'd be hillarious, watching million dollar athletes get less than 7 an hour at a meet n greet.... LOL

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Merlin0402
How are they going to pull off a moose? Are they going to make them animatronic like Lucky? Or will it be two people in a normal suit? This will be interseting to see...
My guess is that it will be a regualar character like Cusco was.

meeko_33785

Melvine the Moose from Country Bear Jamboree made appearences in the park at one point, and Santa's reindeer appear every year at Christmas. I'm sure these moose can do meet-and-greets at the park as well.

copper

I think Anne of Green Gables would be great! They already have a lot of AOGG merchandise in the Canada Pavillion and both Anne of Green Gables as well as Anne of Avonlea were made by Disney in the late 1980's. Anne is an icon in Canada and Anne merchandise can be found all over Canada. I went to Halifax Novia Scotia with my twin daughters 5 years ago and almost every shop had some type of Anne of Green Gables item.

2much2do

I am sorry, but this information is not entirely correct. I reported several weeks ago that yes, indeed, Canada is getting a meet and greet, but it will not be the moose. It will be Brother Bear. Specifically, Kenai and Koda. I have seen them, and they are awesome!

Merlin0402

So they're gonna be bears? That should be interesting... By the way, speaking of the Canadian "language", I remember the last time I was at the Canada pavillion, we were walking behind some young tourists and they kept on repeating "You talking aboat me? Eh?" Over and Over and Over! I was dying!

meeko_33785

Originally posted by 2much2do
I am sorry, but this information is not entirely correct. I reported several weeks ago that yes, indeed, Canada is getting a meet and greet, but it will not be the moose. It will be Brother Bear. Specifically, Kenai and Koda. I have seen them, and they are awesome!

That's even better. If you're going to put characters out, might as well be the stars if the movie. From what I've seen of them in animation, these two should make great meet and greet characters. Thanks for the news.

trentino

Original Poster
Sorry if my information was a little off. I just recalled her mentioning that there would be two characters appearing so I assumed they would place the two characters that are supposed to be from Canada in the Canadian pavillion. It seems a bit odd to me that they wouldn't but I guess they didn't plan costumes for the mooses. Something is better than nothing I guess but there are finally some animated characters that are Canadian (I never thought that would happen) and they don't even have a place in the Canadian pavillion. :(

drew81

Does anyone know when the characters will start appearing? I'm sure they need a break from shooting the movie. Any guesses on that date, from any entertainment cm's.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by drew smith
Does anyone know when the characters will start appearing? I'm sure they need a break from shooting the movie. Any guesses on that date, from any entertainment cm's.

In the past, the characters usually start appearing in the parks around the week the movie comes out. I wouldn't expect to be able to find these guys until November.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom