Can we share/split meals on the DDP?...

m3k3chandler

Original Poster
My family is traveling with small children and we will have two adults and three kids with us. We are planning on having the dining plan for two adults and two kids. I am planning to share with my youngest who is over 3. Should i be worried about being charged double? Or will they honor my request?

Disneydreamer23

Usually they make you have dining plan for everyone inyouf party i coul be wrong how old is the child and quic serves my husband and i would splt meals at times theydidnt charge us

71dsp

I don't know if they'd do it at every meal; however when we go we will eat a few meals where we will order two adult meals and split them between us (two adults and one 7-year old). We usually do this at lunchtime. I don't think we've ever done it at dinner, and we've never tried it at the "nicer" restaurants.

I don't think this would work at character meals or buffets, though.

m3k3chandler

Original Poster
My daughter is a small four and I am a gastric bypass patient. Between the two of us we wont finish one plate. We are staying in a room for four and not advising of the age of our daughter because she looks two. That is why we do not have her on the plan. I have seen people share meals before and of course we can on qs but i do not want to literally throw away all of my table service points.

docdebbi

did you actually make these reservations yet? as said above they require that all people in the same room have the same dining plan, you can't just leave your youngest off.
if a child is UNDER 3, there is no charge for buffets and at sit downs where they eat from a parents plate. at quick service, you get what you order and no one cares WHO eats it.
if you have a child over 3 with you or an adult, you can always split your meal with them. often they charge a plate/sharing fee. but that is assuming they are just people you are eating with, not someone staying in your room; you must have a dining plan for everyone staying in your room. or no dining plan at all.
sorry

wilkeliza

My family is traveling with small children and we will have two adults and three kids with us. We are planning on having the dining plan for two adults and two kids. I am planning to share with my youngest who is over 3. Should i be worried about being charged double? Or will they honor my request?

If the last child is over 3 and you are booking as a package they may not let you only buy 4 DDP packages. To my knowledge DDP is an all or none situation. I would call and speak to Disney about it.

At quick service places you will have no issues with sharing and not being charged. However some table service restaurants might have a sharing fee. So you would get the meal for free with the DDP credit from you but you would have to pay the up charge for sharing. Also character dinning restaurants are charged per the person not per the meal. Since your child is over 3 they will still charge you for that child and since they are not on the DDP in you scenario it would come out of pocket with a price between 15 and 60 dollars depending on the time of day you go. Since it is the child's plate I would actually say between 15 and 40 dollars but I don't know how high the highest character dinning experience goes for these days as we always eat at the cheapest times. This is because they are all buffet or family style now (ifnot all 90 percent are). The same goes for meals that are shows as well. If you plan on doing Hoop Dee Do they will make you pay for the 3 year old even if you are sharing because it is family style.

m3k3chandler

Original Poster
i know i opened a big ole can of worms. thinking about deleting the whole thing. if i choose to have my children all in one room i think i should be allowed to do so. having worked in the hotel industry i am aware of fire codes and policies. i refuse to have them in two rooms at ages 6,5 and 4. suites are completly impractical and there are only so many times i can stay at pors. i am buying her a park ticket.

wilkeliza

My daughter is a small four and I am a gastric bypass patient. Between the two of us we wont finish one plate. We are staying in a room for four and not advising of the age of our daughter because she looks two. That is why we do not have her on the plan. I have seen people share meals before and of course we can on qs but i do not want to literally throw away all of my table service points.

Just saw this as well. If you have booked your room and provided all the travel information that is necessary such as the age of the occupants and birthdays and such there will be no need to willingly give up her age. Disney will know unless you didn't provide the proper information from the beginning and as two of us have said the DDP is all or none and so they will know her age from the start.

Also although you may not advertise it does become an issue of putting the hostess at the front in an awkward situation if they have to alert a manager than someone might potentially be lying about a child's age to not have to pay for the buffet or character dinning price. At regular places it won't matter really it would just be the places where you have to pay per a head.

wilkeliza

i know i opened a big ole can of worms. thinking about deleting the whole thing. if i choose to have my children all in one room i think i should be allowed to do so. having worked in the hotel industry i am aware of fire codes and policies. i refuse to have them in two rooms at ages 6,5 and 4. suites are completly impractical and there are only so many times i can stay at pors. i am buying her a park ticket.

It is not just fire codes and policies but not having they youngest on the count negates the entire reason people stay on property. They will not issue the KTWC that the rest of the family gets so there will be no use of EMH (early or late) and if you are going during a crowded season there could be issues with using Disney transportation. Also if someone realizes that your hotel room says only 4 will be occupying and there are actually 5 the entire family could be asked to leave and that would mess up your entire vacation. If you are worried about having more than one room or a suit I would call and talk to Disney directly about your situation of very small children instead of trying to play the system.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
1) All in package must take DDP
2) Disney will realise you have too many in your room
3) your KTTW cards will be different and she won't get into EMH
4) Waiters will question it at restaurants

Bad idea!!

PolynesianPrincess

As most everyone has pointed out, you have to all have a dining plan if you're all staying in the room. If they do not know your daughter is staying in the room, then she does not have to have one so if you want to risk keeping her a secret from Disney, then that's your choice. Of course this means no KTTW card for her for EMH, and if you are utilizing Magical Express, no seat for the child as they need to have all traveling parties names and those names have to match who is listed on the room. If you only list 4 people in the room they will not allow you to have 5 people on the DME reservation.

littleroo

Honestly you are really playing with fire. More imporantly than any of the other reasons is you are setting a poor example for your children and I am not trying to be critical. Times are tough and everything is expensive especially for a three year old that picks at their food. I just want you to enjoy your vaca and not alwas be looking over your shoulder.

DisneyDebNJ

I can honestly understand your situation, however, this is something I would never do. I mean no disrespect, but it seems a bit dishonest to me. Your best bet, is to ask Disney directly, see what they say, then go from there. Forgive me, but I have to agree with a previous poster, this is not settin a good example for the kids. Good luck with your situation and enjoy your vacation.

Britt

I definitely DEFINITELY wouldn't mess with it or try your luck. If you're caught while there.....I can't imagine how horribly embarrassing for everyone involved and how much it would ruin your vacation. Disney knows.....lol

Britt

Oh, goodness! I didn't mean to bump an old post. Sorry guys, just scouring for info and didn't realize the dates <3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom