Can someone explain to me like I'm an idiot how Virtual Queues work with Multipass?

GigglesMcSnort

Original Poster
I'm kind of confused, as you can tell by the title.

So I get I can buy Multi-pass a certain number of days in advance depending on whether I'm staying on or offsite and when I get to the US.

I also get that I can try to enter Virtual Queues on the same day (let's say, for Tron and Tiana at MK). I think these are same day only, right? And can I enter more than one VQ at a time?

And how do those two things work together? Presumably my "multipass" reservations will be for particular time windows, like when it was Fastpass+, and the Virtual Queues will be whatever time my "boarding group" gets called, which from my reading here isn't known at time of booking them and could be at any random time in the day.

So what happens if these two things conflict?

And for that matter, what happens if the VQ entry collides with an ADR I have pre-booked?

Am I just screwed if either of these things happen, and basically "sorry, sucks to be you"?

nickys

Premium Member

So I get I can buy Multi-pass a certain number of days in advance depending on whether I'm staying on or offsite and when I get to the US.

I also get that I can try to enter Virtual Queues on the same day (let's say, for Tron and Tiana at MK). I think these are same day only, right? And can I enter more than one VQ at a time?

And how do those two things work together? Presumably my "multipass" reservations will be for particular time windows, like when it was Fastpass+, and the Virtual Queues will be whatever time my "boarding group" gets called, which from my reading here isn't known at time of booking them and could be at any random time in the day.

And for that matter, what happens if the VQ entry collides with an ADR I have pre-booked?

Am I just screwed if either of these things happen, and basically "sorry, sucks to be you"?
For both types of LL it will be timed windows.

For Guardians VQ you can enter any time after your group is called, so there’s no real problem there.

For Tron, if you have a conflicting ADR you can show a receipt and should be allowed to board. Just like it’s always been with G+

You can check in the app what groups are currently called, so you could try to modify an LL return time if it seems like there will be a conflict.

Otherwise take screenshots of your LL time and speak nicely to a CM.

MickeyLuv'r

In part, since it has not yet launched, we're all in the same boat with you, and waiting to see how all of the above will work.

In the days of FP, parkgoers could only book 1 pass per hour. Under G+, passes can overlap. Under the upcoming system, supposedly, they will be able to overlap by 15minutes. but again, none of us have actually tried it. And Disney often makes adjustments after an initial roll-out.

For now, it looks like we will be able to book most multi-pass and ILL rides in advance, but will still need to book VQ's at 7am. If we don't book the ILL's, then we'll be taking a chance on not getting a VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom