Can race registrations be transferred?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My friend's wife signed up for the princess 5k and now may not be able to run it - are race registrations transferable?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My friend's wife signed up for the princess 5k and now may not be able to run it - are race registrations transferable?

No. But if she thinks she has a compelling reason, it doesn't hurt to ask. By compelling reason, I'm thinking medical issues that would risk her health if she participated.

RunningKoen

Another reason to book for the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend (Yes, every year they use a new name ...). Those races can be transferred.

The usual pro Paris arguments (@Swissmiss ) aside, it sucks for your friend that she cant run! I hope something can be arranged.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Another reason to book for the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend (Yes, every year they use a new name ...). Those races can be transferred.

The usual pro Paris arguments (@Swissmiss ) aside, it sucks for your friend that she cant run! I hope something can be arranged.

Was that a hint for me to give pro-Paris arguments? 😉 Did your friend take the race insurance? While I never do, I know that there are people that do. The only time I was unable to race was for a race whose registration fee included free transportation on the train so I still ended up financially ahead because the race registration fee was less than a normal train ticket and I was able to use my bib (sent by mail) to accompany my niece who did race as planned.

dreamfinder

Quoting from the registration page
  • Entry fees for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend events, commemorative items, or any other Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend event(s) related purchases are non-refundable.
  • Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
  • Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend, to a different race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. The Guest must first register for the new event for the transfer to be valid; any difference in registration price for a lesser distance (if any) will then be refunded, less a $45 transfer processing fee.
  • Transfers are not allowed for 5Ks, runDisney Kids Races or sold out events.
  • All races are non-transferable. between individuals, between event weekends, and to events that have reached capacity/sold-out.
  • Race entries/bibs are not transferrable from one person/participant to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person/participant, pick up another person's/participant's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund.
You can try to reach out to runDisney if there are specific reasons as to why they cannot run, but if they simply can't make it they probably won't do much for you. Medical causes that can be verified, they might make an exception, so it doesn't hurt to ask, but it's a long shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom