Can I remove my thread?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Sometimes I'll post a thread and others are not very interested. When that happens I want to remove the thread....but...."thread tools" only gives me the opportunity to : edit my title...and....add a poll.
If there is a way to pull a thread, please share with me how to do that.
Thanks!
Steve

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No, because if a thread is deleted, it would wipe out all of the other responses, which in some cases could be 1000s.

Don't worry about threads not getting many replies. They will quickly drop down the list. And you never know when they may get a reply in the future.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
No, because if a thread is deleted, it would wipe out all of the other responses, which in some cases could be 1000s.

Don't worry about threads not getting many replies. They will quickly drop down the list. And you never know when they may get a reply in the future.
I am used to Tripadvisor forums. I currently have 3,265 posts "over there".
On tripadvisor you can pull your thread.....
or.....if you post on someone's else's thread, you can remove your personal post on that thread.
I like that better.
I'm willing to "risk" posting a thread on Tripadvisor because if I notice no one is interested, I can just pull it.
Over here I will now be far more cautious as to what thread I create.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Dear viewers of this thread,
Although I can not remove my thread on the Games Forum.....I CAN remove my thread on the Chit Chat forum.
Dear WDWMagic Administrator:
Is the Chit Chat forum the only forum that allows the OP to "pull" their thread?

mousehockey37

Yeah, we have a few threads that are legendary on here and they come back from time to time.... heck, one's back now out there! We like to call them the zombie threads.

107153d1432833939t-zombie-thread.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Dear viewers of this thread,
Although I can not remove my thread on the Games Forum.....I CAN remove my thread on the Chit Chat forum.
Dear WDWMagic Administrator:
Is the Chit Chat forum the only forum that allows the OP to "pull" their thread?
btw.....I put a related thread on the "Chit Chat" Forum. I called it "I noticed that..."
When it has run it's course.....I'll pull it!
I'm typing this post on Friday night June 16th.
......btw, I appreciate that I can edit a post multiple times on WDWMagic.
On Tripadvisor forums you can only edit your post once.
If you notice yet another mistake after that....well....you're stuck.:eek:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Dear ADMINISTRATOR.....this is a perfect example of why it would be handy to have the ability to pull your own thread.
I have my answer. I'd like to erase all comments from mousehockey.....but I can't. On tripadvisor I could.
Sure, I could could just "go back to Tripadvisor!!"
Of course LOL
....but....just sayin'
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom