Can I order my bands before activating my Annual Pass?

TaraSpringCP2012

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has been answered since there are so many threads. I am an Annual Pass holder, however I don't renew my pass and just restart a new one at different times of the following years in order to benefit my biannual vacations in the best way. I also do not stay on property. My question is, is it possible for me to pre-order my magic bands before I have activated my new annual pass?

disney4life2008

correct me if I am wrong: if you stay off property you do not get a magic band Regardless if you have an ap or not. Your new ap will have RFID tech which will allow you to select fpplus selections once inside the park and you will use your pass to get on your rides. The ability to reserve via the mme site is limited to those with resort reservations

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you have an Exchange Certificate, you can attach it to your MDE account.

But... As far as I know, MagicBands are only available to resort guests in advance.

EDIT: Just found this:

Non-resort guests will not be able to make FastPass+ reservations ahead of time, or using My Disney Experience. Mirroring the functionality provided by FASTPASS, offsite guests will need to visit a FastPass+ kiosk to make the reservations on the day they visit. MagicBands will not be available for non-resort guests. Instead, they will use their RFID enabled ticket media to access the FastPass+ kiosks and touch sensors.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The above are correct, as an Annual Passholder not staying at a Disney resort you are not eligible to use the advance reservation aspects of FastPass+ and you cannot get MagicBands either in advance or when you arrive. For some unknown reason, Disney has chosen that non-resort guest AP holders are only eligible for the same privilege in the parks as any other one-day guest staying (or living) off property.

donsullivan

Premium Member
as a passholder this is problematic for me. We pay a premium for the pass and yet were relagated to a kiosk.

Right now the only option we seem to have is to actively raise this as an unacceptable condition directly to Disney. Complaining here isn't going to resolve this one. If the AP holder community continues to push on Disney to deal with this disenfranchisement they will hopefully feel the pressure and at least communicate what's going on and what the plans are.

The most frustrating part of all of this is the total lack of communication from Disney. They hid behind the 'testing' language for months now but they made commitments in the spring on eligibility and none of that has happened. They are long overdue for open and honest communication on what's happening (or not happening) and when. In the current vacuum of real knowledge, one can only assume the worst.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Without a resort reservation, Disney has no way of confirming what dates to make available for FP+. If AP holder could book regardless of having a reservation, they would book dates "in case" they decide to go, and they'd take opportunities away from people that Disney knows are going.

I appreciate that locals with APs feel that they're getting short shrift, but until someone comes up with a way to ensure they will use what they book, I think Disney is doing the best they can.

I'm an AP holder, but most visits I do stay on-site. For the visits I don't, I'm content to book what I can while I'm there.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Without a resort reservation, Disney has no way of confirming what dates to make available for FP+. If AP holder could book regardless of having a reservation, they would book dates "in case" they decide to go, and they'd take opportunities away from people that Disney knows are going.

I appreciate that locals with APs feel that they're getting short shrift, but until someone comes up with a way to ensure they will use what they book, I think Disney is doing the best they can.

I'm an AP holder, but most visits I do stay on-site. For the visits I don't, I'm content to book what I can while I'm there.

If you stay on site, even if it is just for one day, you can book 60 days out for the rest of the year with your AP. At least that seems to be the case for my family.

donsullivan

Premium Member

It's not really all that hard to create a rolling date (within the next 90 days for example) where you can only book up to 'x' days in advance and can only reserve a maximum number of 'y' FP+ advance reservations per per quarter or something similar. They are doing it today for guests who have previously stayed at a resort during the 'testing' period. Once an AP holder has stayed at a resort, you can book FP+ in advance without another resort reservation and use the system just like a normal resort guest. The functionality is already in the system but for some reason they won't activate it if you have not stayed at a resort. In my conversations with guest relations they have acknowledged this to be the case but will not commit to when or if AP holders will otherwise be able to use the system.

Another part of this that has become increasingly an issue during the holidays are those of us who have friends visiting ad staying at WDW resorts. They are booking their FP+ on days we'll be joining them in the parks but since we can't participate we can't ride on anything they do at the same time- we just have to await outside until they are done. That gets pretty old, pretty quick.

As for the taking an FP that might be available for someone else and not using it, that has been happening since the beginning of original FP. How many times have people entered the park and gotten a FP for something and then either through expiration of the interval or a change in schedule not actually used it. It's such a small quantity on any given day I really don't see it having any different impact than issued but unused FP has been since the beginning. And the worse case scenario, if I didn't use the FP during that interval, someone got through the standy line one person faster than they might have otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom