Can anyone beat 5?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a MagicBand (green) from August. I have a MagicBand (red) from October. And because we have three separate reservations for our week in December, I have just customized 3 more (yellow, blue and pink.) So I have 5 MagicBands; my DH has 5 also and DD has 4.

This seems like a colossal waste of money and resources. (Aside from the fact that I can now match my MagicBand to my outfit! ;)) One band per multiple trips per year should suffice. Or at least give us the option to "opt out" of getting a new band.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah but you may have hit pay-dirt with the last three. Many a glitch happens with resort hopping. This should save you from that possibility.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I have a MagicBand (green) from August. I have a MagicBand (red) from October. And because we have three separate reservations for our week in December, I have just customized 3 more (yellow, blue and pink.) So I have 5 MagicBands; my DH has 5 also and DD has 4.

This seems like a colossal waste of money and resources. (Aside from the fact that I can now match my MagicBand to my outfit! ;)) One band per multiple trips per year should suffice. Or at least give us the option to "opt out" of getting a new band.
As a programmer/developer this would be a feature I would add later rather then initially. It would be easier to add it as an update then worry about a small thing such as that. (Small in comparison to the rest of the work behind the program)

JohnD

I lost an MB, I have a replacement MB, I have two KTTW cards, one AP card, one one day pass card for MK on 10/18, and one MVMCP card for 11/11, all of which are connected to my account. It's crazy! All are "active" except for the lose MB.

StarWarsGirl

I'm getting two on my next trip. Assuming that I get two in August, I'll have four, and if we do our side trip in June, I'll get another one.

Yup, colossal waste of money. The whole thing.

Also, hmm...bands to match the outfit...I must do this...;)

JerseyDad

....we have 3 ....and I doubt that number will ever increase.

....btw ...one of ours ...mine ...was gray .....even though wife ordered blue for me.

....I felt ...so ...'generic' while we were there.

Texas84

We got ours in the mail and had another set waiting for us at BWV. BWV took the ones that were mailed and deactivated them. My BWV band didn't work at the gates because I had an AP and it was linked to my old band.

docdebbi

i think i got you all beat!
in my possession are 35-count 'em 35- from just one trip
computer kept screwing things up and according to IT, every time a change is made, new MB are issued.
the computer kept creating new people and moving them around in my two rooms for a 2 resort split stay.
i personally had 10 bands when they were done with me. also created a couple of inaccurate relatives and my mini-me- the one the computer created who is only two years old but has the title of Doctor already.....yeah, she has 2 too !
and now that trip is over, i can't even delete the mini-me because you can't delete someone who has a magic band
i would love to get rid of her, but IT is overworked now, with a 6+ week backlog- according to the IT rep I spoke to- that i'm not even going to bother until next year's trip. let them catch up a little first

PolynesianPrincess

I have 3 myself. 1 pink from our September Poly stay, 1 grey from our 1 night at Pop and 1 red from our 4 night stay at CBR. I didn't realize we would be getting TWO a few weeks ago. Seems like SUCH a waste! They should have a way to link reservations if you're having a split stay. No wonder this Next Gen stuff cost $2B.... :rolleyes:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
i think i got you all beat!
in my possession are 35-count 'em 35- from just one trip
computer kept screwing things up and according to IT, every time a change is made, new MB are issued.
the computer kept creating new people and moving them around in my two rooms for a 2 resort split stay.
i personally had 10 bands when they were done with me. also created a couple of inaccurate relatives and my mini-me- the one the computer created who is only two years old but has the title of Doctor already.....yeah, she has 2 too !
and now that trip is over, i can't even delete the mini-me because you can't delete someone who has a magic band
i would love to get rid of her, but IT is overworked now, with a 6+ week backlog- according to the IT rep I spoke to- that i'm not even going to bother until next year's trip. let them catch up a little first
You win!! Do you have a pic?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Interesting. I had a similar problem. We moved from KV to VWL and when we checked into our new room, there was a second copy of my wife (slightly different name, Cynthia instead of Cindy) and no me. I wonder what in the heck causes this to happen. It is so weird. We did get a extra band out of that so we have 9 instead of the 8 you would assume a family of four with a split stay would have.

docdebbi

You win!! Do you have a pic?

no, somehow after weeks and weeks of dealing with this stress, i did not find it funny, so was not taking cute pics.
i did however receive a voodoo doll from my daughter, and using that little sucker did make things better. i was picturing some poor IT employee bending over in pain every time i jabbed the back !
i will try to take a pic of the leftovers- my brothers family of 6 kept their, so I only have mine and few of their castoffs.

polynesiangirl

Oh good grief, my husband and I were just saying that we hoped that didn't just keep reissuing band after band to the same people due to glitches (and/or to people going multiple times in close succession.) what a waste! Hopefully that is something they will address later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom