Can anyone ask me what ever became of the Walt Disney World Band?

mags11

Original Poster
Hello all...

I am a high school band director from NJ, and I am trying to find out what ever happened to the Walt Disney World Band. I purchased an album on Itunes that consisted completely of pieces performed by this band. This was a full band (woodwinds, brass and percussion) and it sounded GREAT!! (Anyone taking WDW bus transportation into the Magic Kingdom, will hear this band playing "The Mickey Mouse March" as they pull into the parking area).

The current "Main Street Philharmonic" is really just a mini drum corp, consisting of about 10 brass players and 2 drummers (no woodwinds at all). Don't get me wrong, they sound AMAZING!!! But I just wish they would include the woodwinds and have that more traditional - turn of the century band sound.

I visited Disneyland in 2007 and they still (at that time) had a full band performing several times a day.

Does anyone know what happened to the Disney World Band, when they switched over to the current group?

Thanks for any help with this,

:wave:

Nemo14

Can anyone ask me what ever became of the Walt Disney World Band?

What ever became of the Walt Disney World Band?

:drevil:

Chape19714

Well, the group has kinda been split. The Main Street Philharmonic has horns and percussion, and the Fantasyland Woodwind Society has the woodwinds.

Now, the Walt Disney World Orchestra is still in tact, and plays at Each Candlelight Processional at Epcot around the Holidays.

But beyond special events, there is no longer a formal "band"

mags11

Original Poster
I guess I gotta get down there in the wintertime at some point to catch the candlelight processional. Thanks for the responses!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom