Camp Minnie-Mickey

Chad

Original Poster
With all this excitement about Beastly Kingdom actually becoming a reality, I can't help but wonder what will happen with Camp Minnie Mickey. Just this evening, I've been brainstorming on it, so I thought I'd take a break from SOJI and get back to my roots with some good old fashion ride invention and theming.

For this little area of animal kingdom, I am not proposing much.

First, removal of the pochantos show, it's not that good, and it's expendable. Next, some very simple 'distraction' rides. A wood-carved carousel with Bears and Rabbits and Deer, and one of those 'Scrambled eggs' rides, the ones that spin around, hard to explain, Called 'Goofy's Crazy Hayride'. These would both go into the old pochantos area.

Now onto more fun stuff. Above TLK show, there is a big open space near the bathroom. This would make room for a large, yet very simple and fun E-ride. Mickey's Canoe Adventure. And a second attraction called "Forest Hike" rolled into one. This area would basically be turned into a 'North America' Animal section.

Mickey's Canoe adventure would be a basic Log flume, with the logs in the shape of canoes. It would start off with you up a good 3 stories on a small mountain. The que would get you up to the top of this via stairs. You would begins floating through a few animal areas with Bears, Mountain Lions, and deer.After each animal area, you would go down a small water fall until you reach sea level. After that, Your canoe would accidently float into a logging area, where your canoe will be lifted up on a 'log lifter' (Due to better term, I just called it this) Then, there would be a nice big splash down, Wetness to insue.

Now, the other section, "Forest Hike" would be tied together with the last. The animal sections all were on a small mountain, the hike would be a path that followed along the mountain, and lets you look at the animals. This is for the non thrill-seekers who still want to see the animals. It wouldn't really matter if the canoes were seen from the forset trail, they fit in nicely with the scenery. Anyone who ever hiked along a river surely would see the occasional canoers. However, over exposure should be avoided.

These would be easy little additions to add to a poorly developed section of animal kingdom

Goofster

Cool Ideas Chad, just a few comments: I do assume you are moving Lion King to Africa, and I don't understand why if you want a North American theme, you'd want to get rid of Pohcahontas. The Carousel sounds cool, but I think it might be kind of hard to theme a scrambled eggs to the animal kingdom. But who knows, good job! :sohappy:

Chad

Original Poster
Mainly Because the pochantos show isn't good. And I think it's a watse of space, and no, I was planning on leaving Lion King right there, I think it would ruin the theming in Africa, How many broadway theaters are located in africa? I think another E-ticket ride would be much better. PLus it just seems like a waste of money to build another theater..

The scrambled eggs thing, I was gonna make it out of wood, or plastic wood, and make it Goofy's crazy hayride, and I know that alot of people are against lower grade attractions such as this, but thats because they haven't realized that in most cases, they are a nessecity.

Goofster

Ok ok, well Goofy's crazy hayride sounds like it should be in Mickey's Toontown Fair. I'm not saying I have a problem with this kind of a ride, I just think you should theme it to animals a little.

leec5331

Hey guys. Long time listener, first time caller here.

I've always thought Rafiki's Planet Watch (Conservation Station) needed some work. I think if they moved the Lion King show to RPW, that would give people a reason to make the trek up there, plus give up some space for more attractions in Camp Minnie Mickey. And it wouldn't clash with any theming.

I think the Pocahontas show should stay, but it could be made an indoors show so it could have more special effects, like wind, lightning, etc. Plus they could make Grandmother Willow bigger and more impressive. They could design the front of the building to look like a forest or tee-pees or something.

I also think they should spread the character areas around more, not just in one corner of the land.

Good idea for the canoe ride, by the way!

Chad

Original Poster
Oy, a show in RPW? That would be a huge clog, seeing as the only way out is a train...

I always thought a 'Soarin over ride out there would be nice, and a 'Behind the Scenes' Tour of the zoo facilities (Similar to MGM's backlot tour) Would be very interesting and fun for that area of the park.

I still just can't justify the moving of any sort of attraction, It seems like such a waste to me. Plus, AK does have 4 shows, they could afford to lose one and gain two rides in it's place.

Jimengland

I think Camp M-M should go and BK step in, only because of the bridge, fire cave and dragon rock thing they don't fit in with a camp.
BUT I think the idea of a North America summer camp style land with canoes, bears, indians etc. would be a simple bonus to AK, just move Pocahontas to the new area and put LK in Africa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom