Camera clearance at airports

David

Has anyone had any trouble with digital cameras/memory cards being damamged when going through the new security systems? My wife saw a news report that if you carry them on board or if you check them, they are being ruined. Anyone had any problems or have solutions if this is true?

(228 days to rid ToT again!

popkid

i've never had a problem with my memory cards, and i've traveled alot with them...

NEVER CHECK YOUR CAMERA - the airlines WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOU FOR IT if it is lost or damaged - always carry it on

Upvote 0

Hoochdog

Account Suspended
Originally posted by popkid

NEVER CHECK YOUR CAMERA - the airlines WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOU FOR IT if it is lost or damaged - always carry it on

Good advice. I never check anything that is valuable or of personal worth.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I use Digital kit and have never had a problem with scanning equipment. with much of the worlds press using this gear I would have thought there would have been a more high profile story about it.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

As someone who took a digital camera through four countries in four days this weekend, I can tell you that: a) no problems with the smart media card, and b) listen to popkid: don't check it in your luggage. Carry it on. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom