Camera Advice

Kandi

Original Poster
Just after some advice really. I want to enter the world of dSLR's as i am sick of not getting the shots i want with my p+s. Ive looked at the Canon EOS 1000D and it fits into my price range and looks like a good first camera. Just wondering what you all think about it? I'm from the UK if it matters, just realised its called the Canon Rebel XS in the USA.

NowInc

Even if its discontinued, you could still get it cheap.

That aside:

If you are just getting into DSLR, my best advice would be that any of the entry level DSLR's from any company will get you going at a good pace. PERSONALLY I think the Nikon entry levels are a bit better only because they have a "guide" menu that teaches you about what the functions do, and how to get certain types of shots. Its all information that you could also get on the internet for free, but its nice to have it on board for a new user.

Kandi

Original Poster
Thanks for replying, I'm going to see if I can stretch my budget a bit and look at the Nikon entry level cameras. I'm excited to join to dSLR world :)

Brutphoto

I started with the XTi from canon and found it really easy to begin with. Then moved to the XSi which my gf uses and she has never touched a dslr till that one and sometimes gets better pictures than me.

Kandi

Original Poster
I started with the XTi from canon and found it really easy to begin with. Then moved to the XSi which my gf uses and she has never touched a dslr till that one and sometimes gets better pictures than me.

What megapixel are those?

NowInc

Megapixel should be the least of your concerns. Any current DSLR will have an acceptable one. Its a very common misconception that higher megapixel = better..but thats a bit misleading. The higher the megapixel, the larger your image (there are other things..but thats the big concern). Are you going to be making large prints from your pictures?

I say go to your local camera store and try out bodies that are in your price range. Hold them, ask questions about them.."feel" which is best for you. Some people prefer canon, some prefer sony, some prefer nikon. In the end, its a tool. You are the big factor that contributes to good pictures, especially at entry level.

Kandi

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to the camera store tomorrow to have a look around.

Kandi

Original Poster
Just to update people, my parents bought me a second hand Nikon D60 for my birthday today, i understand that its an older camera but i'm completely in love with it all ready :) you can't even tell its second hand, its in mint condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom