California Grill Sushi?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi everyone,we have a ADR for CG in July,and my wife wants to try the Sushi.Iam sure that the restaurant has there own Sushi chef,however,can anyone recommend this Japanese cuisine and what would they order.?My wife had it once in a so called Sushi restaurant in Glasgow and wasn't impressed.:cry:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
The spicy Kazan roll is the best sushi roll I've ever had. It is kinda spicy, but totally worth it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Californian roll is a fairly safe beginner sushi. Nothing is raw, it looks pretty and has a fairly consistent and mild flavor. For something with a bit more kick the Spicy Kazan Roll is a good choice. If she is feeling really adventurous and would like to try a variety of different types of sushi the Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter is the way to go. My personal favorite it the Sashimi which is simply sliced raw fish.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Spicy Kazan roll is my favorite as well.

The sushi at the Cali Grill is not only the best sushi on the property (this is not even debatable), but possibly the best in the Orlando area.

GoofyRacer11

The Spicy Kazan roll is my favorite as well.

The sushi at the Cali Grill is not only the best sushi on the property (this is not even debatable), but possibly the best in the Orlando area.

I'm not saying its better because I haven't
had the sushi at the Cali Grill, but the Kona
Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian has really
good sushi.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I had the pleasure of getting instruction on how to make Sushi from the CG Suchi Chef. After creating our own hand-roll [which I thoroughly enjoyed, though it was somewhat of a mess :lol:], they very kindly presented a plate of her fresh-made finest! :slurp:

GoochDSA

Quite honestly, I disagree with most the previous posts. I personally find the sushi at CG to be overrated and overpriced. I personally think you can get better sushi for less at either Kimonos at the Swan or at Kona Island at the Poly. Both locations have a better selection and much better prices.

coachwnh

we have ordered sushi there twice. i agree with yoda, it really is a safe sushi menu. my wife never had it before this and she ate it both times. our kids even tried it (8 and 6 at the time.) if you have any questions, your server will help. its a great overall experience if you have never eaten there before. be sure to enjoy the view!!!

reptar77

The sushi we have had was great. It is a little pricey but most food it at WDW.
6508979545_eb5c880b7d_z.jpg

Sushi Sampler
6503580379_4c446632cb_z.jpg

Crab and Seafood roll

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Thanks to all.

Many thanks for all info on Sushi.I might even try it myself now for a starter as I want to try the Bison for main meal.I take it you can order the Sushi for a starter?Cheers.:slurp:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok,what the heck is maki and nigiri?just had a look at the menu,and also can two share this,so just incase my wife doesn't like it she won't throw me off the 15th :ROFLOL:
MKai and nigiri refer to how the sushi is made. Maki refers to any type of sushi which is made in a roll with sushi rice, toasted seaweed nori, and various fillings.

1581258076_0ff20975b4.jpg

Nigiri sushi is sushi rice and fresh fish. The sushi rice is hand formed into a small clump, and the fish is sliced and pressed on top of it. In some cases, nigiri sushi uses a small strip of toasted seaweed called nori to bind the whole mixture together

43efc0c88f070b6ad593c8d923c7d014.jpg

Phonedave

The Californian roll is a fairly safe beginner sushi. Nothing is raw, it looks pretty and has a fairly consistent and mild flavor. For something with a bit more kick the Spicy Kazan Roll is a good choice. If she is feeling really adventurous and would like to try a variety of different types of sushi the Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter is the way to go. My personal favorite it the Sashimi which is simply sliced raw fish.

I agree with you. Sashimi or nigiri for me (most of the time)

I found the sushi at GC to be very good from a quality standpoint - but I found the rolls to be very ..... "over the top" - maybe that is the phrase I am looking for. Lots of heavy sauce, heavy on the wasabi, and in the idea of "A little is good so a crapload must be great".

I know it is personal preferance and many people like that (heck, thats why they make it).

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom