BWV - In Aug at 7 mo?

DVCPluto

Original Poster
Since I've got one trip on the calendar for Dec, of course I'm looking at when we can go back.

For Aug 2015: I'm thinking of doing a split stay at BLT (home) and BWV. But, I would really need to get a standard view studio at both because we have already borrowed from 2015 for our Dec 2014 trip.

What do you honestly think my chances are of getting a BWV studio, standard view at the 7 mo window for 5 nights starting around Aug 17?

I miss our 10 night stays - and with DS in school, they kind of frown upon being out more than a week. Well, they frown upon taking him out at all, but I think I'd be pushing it to do 10 nights during the school year. Thoughts?

tjkraz

I'd say the odds are better than 50/50...but make sure you're prepared to book right at 7 months. Like first thing in the morning. If rooms do slip through, there won't be a great volume of them.

Points for Old Key West are usually about the same at BWV Standard. BWV may be preferable for a variety of reasons but OKW is a good fallback position.

MaxsDad

I have gotten a garden view studio studio at 7 months, but not a standard (end of august, first of Sep.). It is such a deal, the available days can be spotty. A split stay would be easier than a full week I would think. Esp. with some flexibilty.

tjkraz

I own BWV points and I checked availability for Feb '15 to see how things look. That's 8 months away, but I wouldn't expect things to change radically inside of 7 months...owners have already had 3+ months to book February dates.

(I would have checked January '15, but the WDW Marathon & MLK holiday will distort availability.)

Long story short, there is a lot of availability for Feb '15 right now in a Standard Studio. About 5 nights around President's Day are full, but the rest of the month has rooms available. I think that's a pretty good parallel for late-August when kids are returning to school. No guarantees...but IMO it looks promising.

DVCPluto

Original Poster
Thanks @tjkraz and @MaxsDad for the info! I know it's always hard to predict the future, but it's good to have some idea - so I appreciate it!

Honestly, I'm leaning toward pulling him out of school, maybe one more time. His birthday is in Sept, and I think that would be an awesome time. Guess I have some time to figure it out... :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I might see you there. We're hoping for a 1BR boardwalk view for the end of August in 2015. I kept tabs this year for comparison and there was availability for all room types at the 7 month window this year (January 2014 to book for August). If you book right at the 7 month window you should be good. If not a wait list could come through. A BWV could have booked their home resort as a backup but trade in for somewhere else at 7 months freeing up a room for you. Good luck.

DVCPluto

Original Poster
I might see you there. We're hoping for a 1BR boardwalk view for the end of August in 2015. I kept tabs this year for comparison and there was availability for all room types at the 7 month window this year (January 2014 to book for August). If you book right at the 7 month window you should be good. If not a wait list could come through. A BWV could have booked their home resort as a backup but trade in for somewhere else at 7 months freeing up a room for you. Good luck.

Awesome! Good luck to you, too!

stichrules

As everyone is saying it will be hit or miss. We booked at BWV this year for Aug 15th to 19 split stay andthe standard studios we not available when I booked right at 7 months. We did get 2 studio with grden or pool views though. From what I understand there are not a lot of the standard studios available on BWV memebrs usually sang those 1st. Good luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom