Buzzy's Outfit Changed?

ObscurityPoint

Original Poster
So I don't know if this topic has already been covered or not, but I have this book from 1991 called, "Walt Disney World: The First 20 Years," that celebrated the anniversary of the resort and contains a lot of good quality images of the early days of MK, Epcot, MGM, etc. On the WOL page, I found a picture of Buzzy.... but something didn't look right. He had a blue hat on, no glasses, and a bright red sweatsuit. I found this to be very strange, as the sign for Cranium Command pictured in the same book had Buzzy in his usual pilots outfit. Was this Buzzy's original getup or just temporary clothes imagineers through on him during testing/ construction of the ride?

VicariousCorpse

Maybe I'm wrong but I read somewhere that the blue hat was at Epcot costuming or something. And that the red jacket and gloves from the original version were stolen.

DreamfinderGuy

Maybe I'm wrong but I read somewhere that the blue hat was at Epcot costuming or something. And that the red jacket and gloves from the original version were stolen.
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but yes the blue hat is at Costuming last I heard. Dunno what happened to the red jacket and gloves, but they weren't the ones stolen last year. The stuff stolen last year was the clothes you see on the second picture. That police report was all kinds of screwed up

Castle Cake Apologist

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom