Buzz on Brother Bear?

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
What do people think about the upcoming release of Brother Bear? Obviously, Disney has had a huge summer with Nemo and Pirates. It will be interesting to see if Disney Feature Animation (sans Pixar) can create a big hit. I thought both Tarzan and Lilo and Stich were going to mark a resurgance but it seems that they shot and missed with Atlantis and Treasure Planet. As much as I love the Pixar pictures (and hope for a long and fruitful contract for both), I am rooting for Disney to revive their own feature animation division as well.

crescent_moon

I agree

While I really like CGI, there's nothing like traditional animation... it's hard to believe that all of the films of my youth were so "old school" that they were all done by hand.

I'm hoping this one does pretty well, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it...

When does it open again?? I really haven't heard much news about it recently.

catinthehat

I think this is going to be great. I LOVE Pixar, but i love traditional animation, too. I think we can expect thsi to be the same high standard of animated films that Disney is known for. Don't you think?

Goofster

I think the matter of one of these movies causing the ressurgence of Traditional Animation is an idea of the past. Whether Brother Bear is a huge success or not, Disney is going to get rid of the traditional animation staff, and we won't be seeing any more 2-D animated movies for quite some time. However, Disney's marketing team did a great job with marketing Brother Bear this summer with both Finding Nemo and Pirates, not as shere brilliant as Lilo and Stitch's marketing campaign, but still showing the trailers complete with the extra footage made especially for the trailer was a great move, everytime i saw the trailer, people in the audience were loving it. Who knows, maybe if Disney unloads a mega marketing campaign in the next month and makes sure the whole world knows Phil Collins is back writing the music, Brother Bear could turn some heads in the Entertainment Industry. Maybe Disney could rehire all those that they just fired and will fire. Who knows, but from what I can tell, Brother Bear IS shaping up to start another golden age of Disney Animation, too bad there just isn't a whole lot following it. Well, we're gonna all have to go see the thing that Saturday October 1st, and make sure the world knows Disney's still got it. Of course, after this summer, I think they allready know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom