Buzz Load Area Changes?

fantasmicsyd

Original Poster
Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I noticed something I hadn’t heard about previously at Buzz yesterday. It appears as if the former entrance into the load area from the queue has been completely sealed off, and a new one has been constructed further to the right, near where the etch a sketch once was. It appeared as if a number of other changes were occurring in the queue but that one was definitely the most noticeable. Anybody know why this was done?

Simba’s Mom

Is this at Buzz Lightyear? Or Toy Story MM? I was confused when you mentioned etch a sketch-I don't remember one at Buzz. Now do I know about any changes to either entrance, although I'd welcome a change at Buzz to no longer include those moving walkways-at my age and condition, moving walkways are a no-go for me.

Kevin_W

I'm pretty sure he means Buzz, since the queue was radically changed when we were there over Christmas, with the entrance moved to the right like he said.

threvester

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I noticed something I hadn’t heard about previously at Buzz yesterday. It appears as if the former entrance into the load area from the queue has been completely sealed off, and a new one has been constructed further to the right, near where the etch a sketch once was. It appeared as if a number of other changes were occurring in the queue but that one was definitely the most noticeable. Anybody know why this was done?
My guess is to get the AA farther from load

mm52200

Yeah surprised no one has noticed or reported. But now only standby goes by the Buzz AA, fast pass can’t even see it, and most of the indoor queue space is dedicated to fastpass return now.

Movielover

Man, what happened to the big globe we used to go through? And the silhouettes of Jamaican dancers on the boat's sail? And the cartoon barnstormers? And getting sucked into the jet engine?

I guess it's been a while since I've visited.

At least THAT song is no longer there... That song... the horror... :arghh:

I'd rather be stuck on Small World rather that If You Had Wings...

Tom Morrow

Yeah surprised no one has noticed or reported. But now only standby goes by the Buzz AA, fast pass can’t even see it, and most of the indoor queue space is dedicated to fastpass return now.
I have a theory that Buzz is a designated ride to never not have Fastpasses available, just so people always have "something" to pick up at MK. For this reason, the Fastpass line at Buzz is always ridiculously long compared to the standby line.

trainplane3

IMMERSION.
RUINED.
FOREVER.
buzz-lightyear-space-ranger-spin-magic-kingdom-02032020-10.jpg

Kevin_W

I have a theory that Buzz is a designated ride to never not have Fastpasses available, just so people always have "something" to pick up at MK. For this reason, the Fastpass line at Buzz is always ridiculously long compared to the standby line.

It does seem to be an easy one to grab as a 4th+ FP. But you have to remember that it's still going to be a 20+ minute wait! When we were last down there, the "end of line" person for the FP line was often down at the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.

GoneViral

I don't know what's happening at Buzz Lightyear, but I wanted to mention something here. We went last Monday, which was a Disney After Hours event. We had a FastPass for 6 and showed up soon afterward. The FastPass line stretched to the restaurant seating area. That FastPass took 35 minutes to board the ride. Nearby cast members for Disney After Hours were asking *us* if we knew what was going on. They mentioned that Disney's had sporadic problems like this for several days now. I guess the redesign is a factor, but I was surprised by the level of confusion amongst the staff.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know what's happening at Buzz Lightyear, but I wanted to mention something here. We went last Monday, which was a Disney After Hours event. We had a FastPass for 6 and showed up soon afterward. The FastPass line stretched to the restaurant seating area. That FastPass took 35 minutes to board the ride. Nearby cast members for Disney After Hours were asking *us* if we knew what was going on. They mentioned that Disney's had sporadic problems like this for several days now. I guess the redesign is a factor, but I was surprised by the level of confusion amongst the staff.

I was there the same day. And for a very busy park day, there was a lot of Buzz FP available early afternoon when there really shouldn't have been. So... I'm guessing somewhere in the system, they created too many FP spaces.

rct247

The ride can hypothetically carry a lot of Guests, but this day in age there are more reasons this continuously moving attraction needs to be slowed or stopped from guests in wheelchairs to people who can't figure out how to get in a vehicle to mechanical issues with sensors. This one or two minute stops are like 30 people each minute the ride can't carry. Needless to say there's a backup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom