Buying Magic Bands?

lindasworld

Original Poster
Has anyone, bought a new Magic Band or used last year Band along with the new Band they send you? In other words, I have one Band from Last year, a new Band from this year and I bought a new Band . When I activate them all, do they all work the same? Open hotel room, park hopper ticket, etc. I just wanted to make sure when I activate them on Disney Experience App that they will all work with this years information. Thanks.

HolleBolleGijs

As long as they are linked to your MDE account, the will all work interchangeably for all MagicBand functions.

Only thing to pay attention to is the battery if you are using Memory Maker. If the battery of the older band is at the end of its life, the photos won't be added to automatically. But all of the short-range functionality (park tickets, room key, FP, etc.) will work regardless of the battery.

WillCAD

Yup, they'll all work.

Think of MagicBands as keys, which open the Big Box o' Disney Stuff called MyDisneyExperience. Just like your front door key, you can have duplicates, and all of the duplicates will work the same.

Since MagicBands are electronic, the MyDisneyExperience system knows how many you have and when they are used, and can deactivate them for you if one is lost. You're also limited to a maximum of 10 active MagicBands per person at any given time.

So, go ahead and use your three.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom