Buying food items

Pooh167

Original Poster
I just got on this website today having learned about it from the Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld. I have been several times to Disney and I am going May 22, 2005 but never have I had to worry about this before. My question is this (and please forgive me if this has been addressed before) Where in the "world" can you buy milk, juice, etc. another words refrigeratorated items? Normally my family rents a towncar from the airport and it makes a stop at the grocery store. This year however we plan to take the new Disney transportation. We will be staying at the Beach Club Villas and plan on eating breakfast in. What is closest to this location to buy such items? Thanks a bunch!!

TURKEY

The merchandise area/food court should have some milk, juice, cereals, etc to purchase.

If not, Goodings is open 24 hrs. and is near Downtown Disney, but is more expensive. There are other grocery stores that you can take a taxi to that a little farther away, but are cheaper.

that_L_do_pig

I assume your Disney resort will have a market area to go get this. If not, you could take a Disney bus to the nearest other property that does. This will get you set up for individual milks, juices and those single serving cereals. In the end, it's kind of more trouble than it's worth and you definitely don't save any money. Stash a lot on non perishables in your luggage. If you are really desperate bring some powdered milk (yuck).

Those juice boxes pack pretty nicely.

PUT IT ANY LIQUID IN ZIPLOC BAGS IF YOU LOSE ANY IN CABIN PRESSURES ON THE PLANE!

Welcome to the boards!

Pippa

Welcome Pooh167! :wave:

When I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn which is just across the lake there is a shop on the Boardwalk that sell basic food items, its a huge gift store but up one end you can find the food and beverages. Have a great trip!

PS I found about this site by reading the Unofficial Guide too, and now I can't cope without my daily WDWMagic fix!!!

Moustronaut

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all the of the Villas gift shops offer some kind of sundaries (usually at a pretty significant mark-up). I do not know if the Beach Club's Atlantic Wear and Wardrobe Emporium has these items. But if they do not, Screen Door General Store at Boardwalk has all types of groceries. It's a 5 minute walk around the lake, or one stop by Friendship boat, away from the Beach Club Villas.

GenerationX

The Boardwalk shop that Pippa and Moustronaut mention has more food than the Atlantic Wear and Wardrobe gift shop at the Beach Club. However, the Atlantic Wear and Wardrobe does have the basics (milk, pop, snacks). Don't bother with the Fittings and Fairings shop at the Yacht Club. It has almost no food.

Have fun! :wave:

dhall

Most of the hotels have...

a small area of their gift shop with snacks and refrigerated food. I believe that the DVC resorts all have what amounts to a small convenience store somewhere in their gift shop and the campground has two. There are more refrigerated items including microwavable meals, and a larger selection of snacks and stuff, but of course you'll pay convenience store/disney prices.

If the Beach Club Villas do not have the convenience area, try the Boardwalk Villas which definitely do: the name is something like the 'Screen Door Shop'. It's a pleasant walk around the lake -- you'll probably be walking it a couple of times anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have stayed at virtually every level of resort and there hasn’t been one yet that did not have milk juice etc. There are also 3 HESS stations with convince stores on property that will have the same items as well. Gooding’s near DTD will have the best selection but they are a bit pricey. Another thing to consider is that not all rooms have refrigerators. If memory serves me correctly Disney has been installing them in deluxe and above resorts. A phone call before you leave will probably be the easiest way to guarantee that you have one when you arrive.

Moustronaut

Master Yoda said:
Another thing to consider is that not all rooms have refrigerators. If memory serves me correctly only the deluxe and above resorts have refrigerators in them. I believe that the other resorts offer them at a fee.
Moderates now include refrigerators at no additional cost. Ok at least Port Orleans Riverside does. The Cast Member emphatically pointed that out to us when we booked our trip for March.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Moustronaut said:
Moderates now include refrigerators at no additional cost. Ok at least Port Orleans Riverside does. The Cast Member emphatically pointed that out to us when we booked our trip for March.
Good to know. With a family of 5 half a gallon of milk and a box of cereal save about $40 a day.

that_L_do_pig

BRER STITCH said:
YIKES!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Please allow me to correct my English as that statement appears as if I was learning English as a second language and it was the first day of the class. Besides butchering the English language, it also appeared I was referring to a scenario where the oxygen masks drop and everyone screams. No so...

If you carry liquids like juice in your luggage, please be sure to put them in sealed plastic bags. Due to the pressure changes in the flight, the juice may leak onto your clothes.

that_L_do_pig

Moustronaut said:

In December, I also had a fridge in both of my rooms (all 4 rooms actually, long story involving a previous smoker in a non smoking room) at Coronado Springs.

SewIn2Disney

Pack an extra suitcase or duffel with non perishable snacks (Juice boxes, pretzels, pop tarts, granola bars, nuts, candy, and Thomas's Bagels-they don't need to be frozen and bringing your own bagels can save you a lot too)
Then after you've eaten all of the snacks, you have an empty suitcase to bring all of your souviners home in! It's a win win situation!

BG Rugger

that_L_do_pig said:
PUT IT ANY LIQUID IN ZIPLOC BAGS IF YOU LOSE ANY IN CABIN PRESSURES ON THE PLANE!
In case of the cabin losing pressure the ziplock bag might be put to better use by putting it around your pants to stop those leaks :lol:

shoppingnut

I wouldn't put any liquid such a juice or milk into my suitcase. That is an accident just waiting to happen. Pack the snack, etc. in the checked luggage and if you want to bring juice boxes, put them in the carry on luggage and carry them on board. I think the best thing to do would be to take a taxi/from to Gooding's (yes, even though it is generally more expensive to shop there) get what you need all at once and be done with it. Gooding's is still going to be cheaper than buying milk and juice on disney property and the savings of going to a supermarket further away will be eaten up in the extra taxi costs. Besides you want to go to the supermarket and get it over quickly, not to be a drawn out process.

DisneyPhD

It depends on what you want.

Yes BCV store does have a section for food, milk, eggs, bacon, lunch meat, hot dogs, bread, bannanas, etc....

It does cost a bit more then a store, but a lot less then buying it at Disney otherwise. Some are the same as non sale prices. (pre packaged stuff with prices such as Dounughts, and chips.)

We will be at BCV one week from RIGHT NOW! Gee, I have a lot to pack.
:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom