Buying a Magic Band

daisyduckie

Original Poster
If I want a different color than what I can pre-order, how do I go about getting it? Do I have to pre-order one that is available, and then buy a different one when I get to Disney World? Do you have to go to Guest Services then to get it activated, or do they do that when they sell it to you?

Sorry, I'm finding this a bit confusing.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The bands you buy can be activated at point of sale.

The band you get with a Resort stay is free, though you can decline it. If you have a band from a previous stay, decline the new one and take the old band to use until you find a band you want to purchase. You don't need to, but it can be handy.

Rob562

If we have the dining plan they can transfer that to the new band along with our tickets and room stuff?

Nothing is stored on the Band itself. It's simply a "pointer" to your profile in the MDE system. Your profile stores your tickets, dining, etc.

You can have up to 10 active Bands on your account at any one time, switching between them as you want to. (I currently have 4 Bands on my account, all different colors, and I choose one each day based on what I'm wearing) There is nothing more to do to select which Band you want to wear each day other than picking it up and putting it on.

When buying additional Bands, they'll actually scan your existing Band or park ticket to link the new Band to your profile as part of the checkout process. You can also order Bands online, they'll ship in an unlinked state, and you simply enter their serial number into your account when you get them.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom