buses run 1 hour after closing time or 1 hour after fireworks?

crazgurl

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching and couldn't find the answer. I know the buses run until 1 hour after the respective park closes, but what about on nights when the park closes at 9 and the fireworks begin at 9? Do the buses run until 10 or until 1 hour after the end of fireworks (say 10:30)? Not that it makes such a huge difference, but if we want to sit and wait out some of the crowds it could have a huge impact (I'd sit for about a half hour before heading to buses if we had until 1 hour after the show but wouldn't wait around if it's 1 hour after park closing)

dreamfinder

WDW won't leave you stranded in the park. We did dinner at Rainforest Cafe at AK once after park close. We were probably seated about 15 mins after the park closed (parents decided they wanted to do TS as we were walking out from Asia), and finished up maybe 1:45 after close. Walked out, there were a dozen buses just sitting there waiting in a row. They directed us to the first bus, asked what our resort was, and the driver took off once we were onboard.
@WDWFigment I think holds the record for the number of times being the absolute last guest out of the park after close, and he reported having a van waiting for them to leave at least once as every one else was long gone.

crazgurl

Original Poster
WDW won't leave you stranded in the park. We did dinner at Rainforest Cafe at AK once after park close. We were probably seated about 15 mins after the park closed (parents decided they wanted to do TS as we were walking out from Asia), and finished up maybe 1:45 after close. Walked out, there were a dozen buses just sitting there waiting in a row. They directed us to the first bus, asked what our resort was, and the driver took off once we were onboard.
@WDWFigment I think holds the record for the number of times being the absolute last guest out of the park after close, and he reported having a van waiting for them to leave at least once as every one else was long gone.

That's a huge relief! Thanks for the info!! I doubt we will ever purposely be the last ones out, but I could definitely see waiting for the mobs to thin a little. On my last trip in 2009 I can remember standing in line for a bus from Epcot to All Star and my feet were on fire, just throbbing after the day in the park and I wasn't sure how much longer I could wait! On a day like that, I'd rather rest for 30 minutes then stroll to a bus and get on with minimal wait, not 4 or 5 buses later!

ninjaprincesst

We have left HS several times after watching the second Fantasmic that did not even start until park closing, there were buses lined up for every resort as soon one would leave another would take it's place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom