Bus travel times???

Mustangjohn

Original Poster
I am sure that this has been talked about before, but since I can't find anything through a seach, I thought I would ask. This is our first "real" Disney trip (7 days) other then just single day trips. Since we are going to be planning a few PS reservations we are worried about how much time should we allow, due to bus travel times, to make it to the events. We are staying at CBR from June 12-18 so I am sure the crowds will be quite large.

Vernonpush

pick up a copy of: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, by Bob Sehlinger. There is a chart in the book that has aproximate travel times by Disney transportation/or by car. This book has lots of useful information.

Robfasto

As a general roll of thumb I always allow 1 hour travel time. That way we can check out the resorts a bit and relax before we eat. Although when we go during the off season we tend not to make Priority Seating reservations.

Mustangjohn

Original Poster
That sounds like good advice. I did read in another thread that there are busses just for the Charactor meals??? Has anyone used these and do they run along with or seperate from the other busses???

lscott933

i usually make ps for the first time they are available at the chacater dining. i have never had a problem making any of the meals. the buses start an hour to forty minutes before they have chacater meal. i ask the bus driver if he can take us to the resorts that is close the park. they have always done that for us. ie. magic kindgom for chef's mickey or mgm for the beach club. i have stayed at three different resort the last three year and haven't had any problems at all.

Laura

Premium Member
Vernonpush said:
pick up a copy of: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, by Bob Sehlinger. There is a chart in the book that has aproximate travel times by Disney transportation/or by car. This book has lots of useful information.

I was going to say the same thing. That chart is SO helpful. It really helps me with planning my itineraries. We'll be driving on the next trip and I plan to leave our resort 45 mins before our priority seatings, I'd allow even longer if travelling by bus.

Mustangjohn

Original Poster
I will have to get that guide, it sounds very helpful. It seems that the breakfast meals will be the toughest, since for the most part we will already be at the parks for the rest. This forum is just the greatest!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom