Bus service at Animal Kingdom Lodge

ABundy

I have read that it is easier to drive your car to the parks from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I would rather take the bus. Which way is better?

Pioneer Hall

Well the AKL is in a very remote area of the property. There is only one bus stop though, so I can't see it taking any longer than driving. The only thing that will take extra time, will be waiting for the bus to arrive.

Upvote 0

kal1484

We stayed there in Febuary, and the buses were fine. Except for two times comming back from MK when we had to wait an hour....other than that, it was fine!

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by ABundy
I have read that it is easier to drive your car to the parks from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I would rather take the bus. Which way is better?

AK Lodge has one of the best bus services on property...

For DAK -- AKL is right next to DAK... busses run every 7 mins... can't beat that...

AKL is also only 10 mins from Disney/MGM Studios (15 if they have to stop at Blizzard Beach), 12 mins from Epcot, and 14 mins from Magic Kingdom. It may be "Remote" but it's really not that far.

All AKL busses are Route busses... meaning they're on set schedules all day long, typically running in 12-17min intervals. When I've had that route... I've never had anyone standing on my bus... Even during a park exit, it's not that crowded.

And besides... the best perk of the busses... is if you get MEEEE as your driver... lol... so watch out for Tyler's Party Bus... hehe... Actually though, personally, I try to avoid the AKL routes because I'm the type of driver that likes full busses... I get to have more fun then. :)

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

Yes, it is farther away from the parks and destinations than the other resorts. But if you get up early and don't plan on getting back until late (you should hang out at the parks after they close anyways), then there is no problem. For park hopping, it doesn't matter if you're staying at the GF, AKL, or ASM. The only important travel time is to and from the hotel, which usually only occurs in the morning and at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Yes, it is farther away from the parks and destinations than the other resorts. But if you get up early and don't plan on getting back until late (you should hang out at the parks after they close anyways), then there is no problem. For park hopping, it doesn't matter if you're staying at the GF, AKL, or ASM. The only important travel time is to and from the hotel, which usually only occurs in the morning and at the end of the day.

The time difference from AKL to MK and for example, POR to MK is minimal... and an extra 5 minutes on a bus isn't lethal or toxic... I promise!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom