Broadway Lion King guestion

Experiment627

Original Poster
I took my wife to see the Broadway version of The Lion King here in Indianapolis over the weekend. Wow, what an amazing show! I still get chills thinking about "The Circle of Life." I know that I don't need to convince anybody here how good it is, but if you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it (even though tickets are a bit on the pricy side).

Hopefully, someone familiar with the show will be able to help me put my mind at ease, because I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. During the song "They Live in You", there are backing vocals that sing (roughly) "Oh oh eee oh", which sounded very very familiar to me. Did that come from another Elton John song or from someplace else that I might have heard it? Granted, that's not exactly a huge thing to be going crazy over, but hey, that's how my mind works. :)

Thanks to all in advance.

barnum42

I think they may be from the backgound music from The Lion King Movie. A lot of this music, particularly the African chanting is courtesy of Lebo M. Some of the tunes he came up with for the soundtrack ended up as songs in the stage show.

TURKEY

Originally posted by barnum42
I think they may be from the backgound music from The Lion King Movie. A lot of this music, particularly the African chanting is courtesy of Lebo M. Some of the tunes he came up with for the soundtrack ended up as songs in the stage show.

Lebo M. has an album of his own music, featuring many of the background chants and other Lion King music. I just can't remember the name of it.

barnum42

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Lebo M. has an album of his own music, featuring many of the background chants and other Lion King music. I just can't remember the name of it.
"Rhythm of the Pridelands"

Legacy

The song 'They Live in You' is also in The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. It was originally intended for the original but only one ballad would fit, and Can You Feel... won out.

It's a beautiful song though, I need to see the show.

Experiment627

Original Poster
Originally posted by barnum42

That must be what I am thinking of then. I didn't realize that I knew the music from the movie so well. :)

Thanks to all who responded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom