Bring resorts to your home?

BransonJ

Original Poster
Does anyone decorate their homes to make it feel more disney? After I moved out of my parents house I've noticed my mother has transformed my old room into a guest roomed themed to the wilderness lodge. From comforter, rustic furniture, lamps, ceiling fan, even a Forrest scent scentsy! I will need to snap some pictures on my next visit. Her theatre room is chopped full of Disney memorabilia and Hollywood theme(much like the studios park) She says her next project is her patio and making it as much like Old Key West. But this got me wondering if anyone else does this and had any ideas? If the fiancé approves and ends up sharing my obsession with Disney I think we may to some redecorating of our own.

HollyAD

Aw I wish I could go all out like that! My husband wouldn't approve :( But anyway I did find a bedding set for my son that is Disney train themed.So yes as I become more of a DIY person I plan to paint something related in the room. I also plan to buy and frame a few Disney train pictures when I go on my trip this July. I figured trains will be something he loves for a long time so I chose it over the Cars and Toy Story bedding I had looked at. I wish I would recreate the nautical theme of the DCL. That would be a classy inspiration.

DrummerAlly

We've done over our master bathroom as a "light" Yacht Club theme. We painted the walls a yacht-cluby blue with really nice black and white pictures of the YC that we took while we were there. Add in some plush white towels and it works quite nicely. Nothing too over the top, but it reminds us of our favorite place on Earth. :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have a room which I use for a recording studio,but is decorated in Disney stuff like framed photos of our trips, 10 lanyards hanging on walls,jigsaws of Disney characters,A WDW wall clock.;)

Pssh jigsaws are for wussy's . I was going to get me some real disney characters to hang on my walls but i dropped my gun on a ride ..

DisneyDebNJ

See, i don't do this, other than alot of ornaments and a monorail around our Christmas tree. I may be an oddity, but i just can't replace the feel of a Disney vacation at home. Our ornaments on the tree, depict the 24 years my son has been on this earth. My hope is when he has kids, they continue the tradition, along with our monorail set

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom