Bricks around the world??

mrneon606

Original Poster
Can you only find out were your brick is or will they tell you where someone's else brick. Because on our last trip my wife swears she saw a brick that Curt Schilling had with his wife but of course we couldn't find it again. I just think it would be cool to have a pic of it. Thanks

yensid63

There used to be a booth outside the entrance to MK that sold the bricks. They could also look up the location of a brick for you. I know my brick is near the Monorail entrance, but ask me to find it :veryconfu

tecowdw

mrneon606 said:
Can you only find out were your brick is or will they tell you where someone's else brick. Because on our last trip my wife swears she saw a brick that Curt Schilling had with his wife but of course we couldn't find it again. I just think it would be cool to have a pic of it. Thanks
Check at Guest Services. While the booths are gone, they probably have records of the bricks.

Mine is just outside the security gates near the walkway to the Contemporary. I got a great spot by ordering back in '94 when they first came out.

DDuck1974

$99, or maybe $109? I can't quite remember. We bought ours in 1997, and it is located on the walkway between TTC and the Polynesian. It is still in pretty good shape despite being right in the middle of a walkway.

yensid63

$99 is what I remember paying. I think there might have been a discount, if
you paid with American Express. They sent you by mail a certificate signed by Roy Disney ( not an actual ink signature it was already printed on the certificate). You could also purchase a replica of your brick in lucite for $39.

DDuck1974

unkadug said:
:lol: That's why they made the bricks out of ........brick.

LOL, true. :hammer:

I guess I should have said the engraved inscription is still in pretty good shape (i.e, not worn down), like a lot of the other bricks.

Badger Brent

Ours is located outside the TTC and tram drop off. I know they put some new ticket machines in that general area. Hopefully it's still there when we go in Oct. It's located next the gift shop and kennels by the last of the planters next to the store. We got ours in 2000 and were some of the last ones done I think. Better grab your Leave a Legacy tile quick, they are filling up pretty fast.... God bless the tombstones!!:animwink:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Badger Brent said:
Ours is located outside the TTC and tram drop off. I know they put some new ticket machines in that general area. Hopefully it's still there when we go in Oct. It's located next the gift shop and kennels by the last of the planters next to the store. We got ours in 2000 and were some of the last ones done I think. Better grab your Leave a Legacy tile quick, they are filling up pretty fast.... God bless the tombstones!!:animwink:
What's going to be next? Carve your initials in a tree at AK for $200.00? :lookaroun

brertigger

DDuck1974 said:
$99, or maybe $109? I can't quite remember. We bought ours in 1997, and it is located on the walkway between TTC and the Polynesian. It is still in pretty good shape despite being right in the middle of a walkway.
When my family looked into it (not too long before they went away) it had gone up to $125.

Badger Brent

Nah not the Tree of Life, just use the que area of EE. Wasn't that where all of the graffiti happened during the previews? Maybe we can brand our initials in one of the goats at Conservation Station?? I'm kidding folks....:wave:

Rob562

Badger Brent said:

Hey, that's pretty much exactly where *my* brick is. :)

It's right along the edge of where the brick turns to cement, in line with the last planter on the kennel side. It's kept up well over the years, especially as most foot traffic leaving the monorails heading to the parking trams walk right over it...

-Rob

tecowdw

yensid63 said:
$99 is what I remember paying. I think there might have been a discount, if
you paid with American Express. They sent you by mail a certificate signed by Roy Disney ( not an actual ink signature it was already printed on the certificate). You could also purchase a replica of your brick in lucite for $39.
I think mine was around $95 back in 1994. Don't recall if that was discounted or not. It was the granite ones for the 25th anniversary that were really expensive. I'm thinking they were in the $125 range (but not exactly remembering).

My brick is in good condition still. I've seen many that are not even legible anymore.

goofntink

We have a 25th granite one cost us $175 if I remember right, and we got a Acrylic copy for I think $50. They do replace them when they get worn down,you see new ones every once and a while.They were suppose to go all around the lagoon,but sales lost steam after a while.The last ones I have seen are dated 2000. And I don't think they sell them anymore

Tim G

tecowdw said:
Check at Guest Services. While the booths are gone, they probably have records of the bricks.

Mine is just outside the security gates near the walkway to the Contemporary. I got a great spot by ordering back in '94 when they first came out.
Nope... The Brick program was discontinued many years ago...

Mine is (the dark Granite one) right in front of the Magic Kingdom.

And the other (a red normal) one is outside where the security boots are... also in front of the Magic Kingdom...

And for the jealous guys... :lol: Got one (a normal red one) in Disneyland Paris as well... right in front of the hotel.. In Tokyo one in front of the entrance as well and a darfk granite one in Disneyland Ca.

Anyone for Tennis??? :kiss: :p :) :animwink: :lol:

PS.
I'm still missing one in Hong Kong :D

Badger Brent

Our brick looks like crap. We actually brought some cleaner and small wire brush but to no avail a couple of trips ago. Our brick has a dark gum spot right in the middle of it. We take pictures of the kids every trip to see them through the years.

gbruenin

Badger Brent said:
We take pictures of the kids every trip to see them through the years.

We do the same thing. Ours is on the walkway between MK and Contemporary at monorail tower 62. We have some great pictures of the kids getting bigger, and me getting grayer with a bigger spare tire. I don't remember seeing the lucite minis, but we did get one in walnut with a stand. 'Visit the brick' is a regular part of each trip.

Gary

WDWRLD

Rob562 said:
Hey, that's pretty much exactly where *my* brick is. :)

It's right along the edge of where the brick turns to cement, in line with the last planter on the kennel side. It's kept up well over the years, especially as most foot traffic leaving the monorails heading to the parking trams walk right over it...

-Rob
My brick is right next to those new ticket machines. The number is H10667.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom