Brett's Christmas Trip 2006 w/ Photos - 12/15-12/20

Hi everybody! I just got back from Walt Disney World a couple of days ago and I figured I would give a report.

Friday: 12/15
Once again I travelled to the World with my girlfriend and fellow Disney nut, Holly. We arrived at the All Star Sports to check in and went to my favorite park first, Epcot! We had priority seating at the Nine Dragons for lunch so we got Soarin' fastpasses and then rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends.

PC150027.JPG

I must say that it was a fantastic ride. The queue was cool and the ride was great. I'm against the characterization of Epcot and the ride really doesn't go with the feel of Epcot. But there is no reason to complain, because it's not going anywhere and at least the ride was really fun.

After a couple of other rides, we checked went to lunch and the Nine Dragons. I had the General Tzo's Chicken and it was delicious. Not one of the best meals we had all trip, but it was still good. After lunch we checked out all of World Showcase including El Rio del Tiempo (classic) and the Maelstrom (Disappear! Disappear!). We also checked out the American Adventure. They had a fantastic Christmas Tree set out front.

PC150033.JPG

We eventually went back to the room for a bit for a quick nap before going to getting ready for dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe. I've been wanting to eat at the Flying Fish Cafe for years now. I don't know why I never have, but we usually pick somewhere else instead (Jiko, California Grill, Artist Point, etc..). But this trip, we finally buckled down to try it. And we were not disappointed.

PC150035.JPG

The Flying Fish was fantastic. The atmosphere was amazing and so was the food. I had the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and Holly had the Oak-fired Dayboat Scallops. My salmon was good but Holly's scallops were awesome. We also had a bottle of Shiraz and a tried some Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert. I'm not a huge dessert fan, but this Pumpkin Cheesecake was the best thing we had all trip. So good.

After dinner we travelled back to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours and Illuminations. The Peace on Earth ending is spectacular. Best fireworks show ever. We checked out some more rides of Epcot, such as Test Track, which for some unknown reason, I have begun to immensely enjoy. We also checked out the Lights of Wonder (best Christmas light display) for a while.

PC150039.JPG

After some more rides, we called it a night and set back for the room.

Ride Wait Times for Friday
Soarin' - 45 Minutes around 12:00
The Seas with Nemo and Friends - 5 Minutes around 12:00
Maelstrom - 15 Minutes around 2:00
Test Track - 45 Minutes around 4:00

CelticRose

What a Beautiful photo of you and Holly. Sounds like you had a great trip.
Thanks for the review of the Flying Fish, I am going to mention it to the hubby for our anniversary trip in May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom