Breakfast Hours

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Anyone else think they start serving breakfast way too late, considering how much a premium Disney places on getting to the park early, especially to take advantage of the half hour resort guest perk? I know my last trip I was up at 6 something prepping to make my Genie bookings(ah, vacation) and was hankering for some coffee and a breakfast sandwich.

nickys

Premium Member
I suspect it’s a staffing issue. If they open at 6am they need staff on shift at 5am.

But it has the added “advantage” of staggering the crowds at the resort bus stops and park gates

nickys

Premium Member
People work around the clock at Disney, having a 5am start is no biggie.
That is true, in some areas.

But food & beverage isn’t generally a 24/7 operation. Having breakfast counters open at every resort (that’s 22 resorts I think) would mean quite a lot extra staff involved. At a time that they can’t recruit enough CMs.

For the relatively small number of guests who use early hours it probably isn’t worth their while. Those people will grab cereal bars and head off.

Clamman73

Anyone else think they start serving breakfast way too late, considering how much a premium Disney places on getting to the park early, especially to take advantage of the half hour resort guest perk? I know my last trip I was up at 6 something prepping to make my Genie bookings(ah, vacation) and was hankering for some coffee and a breakfast sandwich.
Food courts used to be open at 6 pre pandemic but afterwards it’s usually 7. I was just looking around and All Stars is 630am but most others are still at 7am.
I used to go right at 6am say like at Pop for just refill cup of coffee and a danish or something.

Riviera Rita

That is true, in some areas.

But food & beverage isn’t generally a 24/7 operation. Having breakfast counters open at every resort (that’s 22 resorts I think) would mean quite a lot extra staff involved. At a time that they can’t recruit enough CMs.

For the relatively small number of guests who use early hours it probably isn’t worth their while. Those people will grab cereal bars and head off.
Never seemed to be a problem when the food courts did open at 6am.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
The issue of recruiting CMs...I don't get it. Supposedly Florida keeps getting more people moving there. Is it money? They not paying enough? Should not be an issue....
"Disney Parks, Experiences and Products revenues for the quarter increased 21% to $8.7 billion and segment operating income increased 25% to $3.1 billion. Higher operating results for the quarter reflected increases at our domestic parks and experiences and, to a lesser extent, our international parks and resorts."

Weather_Lady

It does seem like Disney is leaving money on the table here. Opening one hour earlier could make a world of difference.

We're early risers, and at WDW, we're often out the door before 7am (especially if headed to AK or HS, which tend to open earlier). We haven't had a Disney breakfast since the food courts stopped opening at 6am. We have breakfast the only way we can, and still be first in line for rope drop: in our hotel room, with food we brought with us or ordered via grocery delivery.

Universal hotel CS/grab-and-go markets still manage to open at 6am, even though their parks often open later than Disney's. I know there are vast differences in scale between the two places, but it's hard not to ask why Universal can do it, but Disney can't.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The issue of recruiting CMs...I don't get it. Supposedly Florida keeps getting more people moving there. Is it money? They not paying enough? Should not be an issue....
"Disney Parks, Experiences and Products revenues for the quarter increased 21% to $8.7 billion and segment operating income increased 25% to $3.1 billion. Higher operating results for the quarter reflected increases at our domestic parks and experiences and, to a lesser extent, our international parks and resorts."
They can’t just offer more to new F&B staff though.

I assume all those CMs who were laid off had to find other work during the Covid closures. And having found what are probably better paid jobs, they didn’t all clamour to return.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
They can’t just offer more to new F&B staff though.

I assume all those CMs who were laid off had to find other work during the Covid closures. And having found what are probably better paid jobs, they didn’t all clamour to return.
Why can't they?
Also, in the case of The Mara, they open atb7:30 close at 10. Can't help but think being open at 6:30 and closing at 9 would be a better use of the hours.

nickys

Premium Member
Why can't they?
Also, in the case of The Mara, they open atb7:30 close at 10. Can't help but think being open at 6:30 and closing at 9 would be a better use of the hours.
I believe they can’t because of the union agreement. A new rate would have to apply to all CMs, new & existing.
I suspect they get more orders after the parks close than they would early in the morning. Especially somewhere like AKL where staying there trumps getting off to the parks for early hours, at least for a significant number of guests.

DisneyDreamer08

I’m wondering if having coffee makers in all the rooms now has something to do with it. I remember going down to the food court super early on previous trips to fill our coffee mugs. But the last few trips I’ve taken, I honestly haven’t even given it a thought since we can make coffee right in the room. I’ll pack stuff from home, do a grocery delivery or simply purchase a bakery item the night before.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I’m wondering if having coffee makers in all the rooms now has something to do with it. I remember going down to the food court super early on previous trips to fill our coffee mugs. But the last few trips I’ve taken, I honestly haven’t even given it a thought since we can make coffee right in the room. I’ll pack stuff from home, do a grocery delivery or simply purchase a bakery item the night before.
Yeah, I am always a little more suspicious of coffee makers after learning from a friend who traveled a lot that some people find it perfectly normal to clean underwear and socks with the pots and hot water.
And if it's a kureig I am not a fan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom