break-ins?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Considering that the parks are actually IN the real world, I'd venture a guess of about the same as any other mid sized city of the same population.

scpergj

I always make sure that we don't leave anything in the car when we go. I even make sure the the GPS holder isn't on the window but put away in the console. That said, we've never had a problem.

Now, id you were to ask about people opening doors into the side of cars, that'd be a whole 'nother thing! (the ONLY dings on my car are from an idiot that opened thier door right into mine, and dented and scratched two places on the door as well as the door handle. ugh!)

jeffk410

Original Poster
haha

noo noo im not worried bout break ins i always rent a car. I was just up one night wondering and how they handle those things =D

hwdelien

We've never had a problem. We drive our own van with rooftop luggage carrier on top. We have a grand caravan, with 3 DVD players strapped to headrests. I would think they would be attractive to thieves.

We save money by eating at the van and during a tyle 30-45 minute lunch security drives by and waves at least once. I wouldn't worry. Never hurts to lock your doors though.

bgraham34

I remember a few years ago for a few weeks they had like 20 breakins a day. I dont know if the guy ever got caught.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know it happens from time to time but in hundreds of trips I have never seen one. When they do happen Orange county sheriff is called and they are handled like a break in in any other area.

jeffk410

Original Poster
hahaa

haha no new career for me. I just get interesed in theft and robberies in the world. Like i think bout how often people get purses stolen and stuff like that.

PhotoDave219

It all comes down to personal safety and leaving things in plain view.

You just dont want to leave things in plain view no matter where you are much in the same as you dont want to leave (expensive) things and purses lying in strollers.

Consider Disney to be much like any small city. Petty crimes are stomped down on by OCSO but they are there. Most/All can be prevented by some common sense.

Luige11

I dont take a car to disney i come from new jersey so i use the magical express to get to disney and use busses monorail ect.

Uncle Lupe

a+lot+of+people+even+in+raining+day+下雨天人也那么多.JPG

Yeah, sheriffs office? My gray rental van was broken into. I am parked right next to the white minivan, yes the white one facing the Main Street entrance. No, I do not have a flare gun available! Why?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Throughout our Christmas trip we saw either Disney Security or local police cycling through the bus and parking lots - never noticed that before

Scooter

I would think there would be a LOT of Mickey Mouse Antenna Toppers stolen on property.

Almost every car has one.:lol:

goofntink

I remember a few years ago for a few weeks they had like 20 breakins a day. I dont know if the guy ever got caught.
The 2 individuals responsible were caught.It turned out they were friends of a parking attendant at the MK parking lot,he was letting them in to do the break-ins.

jonesenon4

:fork:we have stayed at onsite resorts for our last 20 or so trips. we always park the car in the parking on arrival and usually dont see it again until we leave 8 days later. of course we take precautions like not leaving anything valuable in plain sight but we have never had any problem at all.:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom