Bowling Alley to Wide World of Sports

SSE

I hope that regular guests will be able to use the bowling alley too. I love to bowl and would love to go there for bowling.

Fun2BFree

Sadly, as this is at WWOS, this means we won't get a themed Disney bowling alley, but rather a world-class modern facility... wait, that isn't sad. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Sadly, as this is at WWOS, this means we won't get a themed Disney bowling alley, but rather a world-class modern facility... wait, that isn't sad. :lookaroun

Still a Disney theme woulda been cool...Especially if they did laser bowling.Oh wait,that's IllumiNations.:ROFLOL:

Horizons1

I hope that regular guests will be able to use the bowling alley too. I love to bowl and would love to go there for bowling.

Can you imagine how much that would cost? I'd have to sell my both my feet just to afford a pair of shoes. Then what do I do?!

Macaylasmom

My brother just came home from a bowling tournament in New Mexico and was thrilled to tell me his tournament in 3 years will be at Disney. I of course had to argue the fact that Disney does not have a bowling alley so it will be outside the park. I guess I should give him a call and tell him he was right after all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This doesnt really seem at all directed towards regular guest use. The article mentions the tournaments comprise of 20 weeks play, thats a lot of alley time booked up already!

jt04

Now for my next trick.......................(kidding :))

Though the pins might not have Disney villians painted on them, I would be suprised if the Imagineers aren't working with the folks who are providing the bowling infastructure (ex. AMF or Brunswick etc) to make sure there is a Disney theme in the facility. When I was a kid a friend of mine would always lament that Disney didn't have a bowling alley because he knew they would do a great job with it. Seems that is finally happening. It also doesn't hurt that ESPN has sole rights to televising PBA events.

LET THE BOWLING BEGIN!!! :ROFLOL:

GenerationX

I understand that Disney wants to attract the Pro Bowlers Tour and thus will make it a regular, albeit large, bowling alley. However, one nod to the property it sits on would be great: pins resembling IASW dolls. :drevil:

ToTBellHop

I understand that Disney wants to attract the Pro Bowlers Tour and thus will make it a regular, albeit large, bowling alley. However, one nod to the property it sits on would be great: pins resembling IASW dolls. :drevil:
are the facilities at WWoS Disney-themed? I have admittedly never had a reason to go to WWoS, but from the pictures I have seen, it just seems like a very nice sports complex--but not one with over-the-top theming.

Legacy

are the facilities at WWoS Disney-themed? I have admittedly never had a reason to go to WWoS, but from the pictures I have seen, it just seems like a very nice sports complex--but not one with over-the-top theming.

Not a bit. I refed several soccer tournies out there a few years ago, and if it weren't for the Disney D being utilized in the decor (and the ESPN Zone sitting next door), you would have no idea the complex was Disney.

Which is nice. It's actually what that complex needs.

jt04

The theming has always been quite vanilla especially by Disney standards. But with the rebranding to ESPN (what I call ESPN-Land) I think that is changing. If they decide to add an ESPNZone it is definitely changing. I really look for management to pull out all the stops to bring in visitors and really make it a destination which up to now it really has not been.

maryszhi

I think it would be nice if they got a disney themed bowling ally.
they would make sooo much money, and it would be great for rainy days

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Not a bit. I refed several soccer tournies out there a few years ago, and if it weren't for the Disney D being utilized in the decor (and the ESPN Zone sitting next door), you would have no idea the complex was Disney.

Which is nice. It's actually what that complex needs.

There is no ESPN Zone next door. There is a sports-themed eatery called The Official All-Star Cafe.

As for the bowling alley, I can't imagine it won't be made available to resort guests and day guests, at least when it isn't being used for these massive tournaments. And it's just what WWOS needs -- a reason to go there if you don't know somebody who is playing in a game. Let the tournaments go during the day, have the lanes and accompanying bar/restaurant open to the public at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom