Booking Tours

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Never done any tours before but I would like to book one or two for my trip in February.

Looking at Behind the Seeds and then either Caring for Giants or Up Close with Rhinos.

1) Is there anyway to book online or is it strictly via phone?

2) How far in advance should I book?

3) Any opinions/ reviews on the Rhino tour? I’ve heard great things about Caring for Giants already but not much about the Rhino one. Not sure if that’s just because it is newer or because it isn’t as good.

4) Is it going to be awkward to do a tour solo? Are the group sizes big enough where I won’t stand out? I’d hate for it to be like one family and then me.

nickys

Premium Member
1) Phone only.

2) As far ahead as possible. 180 days if you can, although you’ve missed that date, so phone now. You can always cancel. You do have to pay upfront though.

3) Can’t help there, sorry.

4) No. Go for it, you’ll be fine. I’m sure there will be some friendly people on the same tour who will chat to you!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

2 - some tours aren't always loaded into the system at 180 days, some are closer to 90 days. It depends. They will tell you when you call

3 - Rhino is very new.

Upvote 0

Simba’s Mom

As far as booking the Caring for Giants tour, I was at the check-in for my tour 20 minutes ahead of time, and a couple came up, inquired about the tour, and ended up signing up for our tour. When I first inquired about the tour, I was told that there's plenty of same-day availability.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
There may be. And yet for some dates, people find it’s booked up months ahead. I wouldn’t leave it until the last minute if you know you really want to do it.

When I did Keys to the Kingdom with my son, we asked at the concierge desk and got two places a few days later. And yet when we tried to book the Starlight Safari at AKL for our last trip, we couldn’t get any date over a 17 day trip at around four and a half months out; it was completely booked.

Upvote 0

Rogue21

Caring for Giants was excellent. Tried to get Up Close with Rhinos for a trip at the end of October/early November. Booked on both the first two days of it (Nov 1 & 2), but it's only once a day at 11:00 at this point. Or so I was told on the phone. If that's the one you choose, call now.

Upvote 0

Qscout

Depends on the tour. Last time we went on africa trek and starlight safari. Africa trek has about a dozen people and lots of tours each day. Starlight safari is about a dozen once a night so much harder to get on/ need to book earlier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom