booking from Australia

marge

hi everyone :)
we are finally ready to book our trip for may 2019. I've been waiting to see if there is any deals but it seems all 2018 specials. so my question is.. should we book now? I called today and spoke to a lovely cast member who said they would adjust the price if a deal came along.. is it likely this will happen? am I waiting for no reason?? I don't think we really need the dining plan, but i'm hoping they will have a good deal off hotel prices. can someone tell me what is the best way to book -- should I go through Disney direct? is it better to call or go through website? I just want to get the best deal obviously! and finally, should I book hotel and tickets at the same time as a package or separately? any other tips or suggestions? will probably book flights myself or through aussie travel agency.

I think we have decided on port Orleans. family of 4 (mum, dad, nanna and 4 yr old)
this will be our 1 and only trip, so I want to get it right. we have been saving for ages and it's going to be a huge expense coming from aus, but something I really want to do for my daughter (and really, for myself, too!), who loves Disney. we like POFQ as we'll be going to ds a lot and for the allocated bus. I know the values are cheaper, but I think a bit less stimulation at the hotel will be a relief for my hubby and mother-in-law.

I have been to Disney once when I was 9 after my mum was diagnosed with MS and it was such a magical experience. my mum also just loved Disney and it was such a big part of her life. my daughter and I now share a love of all things Disney.. so this will be a bittersweet trip, but really looking forward to it. any advice would be so appreciated. thanks!!

John park hopper

We are going in May 2019 to POFQ and booked it through Disney set up a My Disney Experience account did room and park tickets. I think you just have to keep checking the WDW web site to see if there are any room discounts or dining plans still too early for 2019. Booked our reservations last month. I would go ahead and do it now.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

You can find out when room discounts were released in previous years at this site: https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Normally we book our resort directly with Disney, then buy tickets from Undercover Tourist to save a little. Room only reservations only require a deposit equal to one night stay, and the balance isn't due until arrival. With a vacation package, the deposit is $200 (I think) per room , with the balance due 30 days before arrival. The advantage for you with a package (resort +tickets together) is that everything is refundable if you have to cancel. At the most, you would lose the deposit as long as you cancel more than a day before arrival.

If you are sure of your dates, you can book your trip now. Or wait until later this year if you prefer. If, and when, a discount offer comes out for your..dates, you can try to have it applied to your reservation. But realize that only a certain number of discounted rooms are offered per resort, so there's no guarantee that you'll get one. And Disney won't do it for you automatically. You'll have to ask for it . At least with a room booked more than 6 months out you'll be able to make all of your TS dining reservations when your ADR window opens.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would book through a travel agent that specializes in Disney like @Kingdom Konsultant . They will keep track of all of Disney's promotions and will automatically re-book you if something better comes out.

If you book directly through Disney you will have to do all the research and re-book yourself. Disney will not do it automatically.

As to if you should book now or later...that is the million dollar question.

Disney runs their promotions based on booking rates. If they are coming in under expectations, they put the rooms on sale. If they meet or exceed the projections then they do not.

Booking a room in advance actually ever so slightly lowers the chances of them offering a promotion and does nothing to save you a spot if a promotion does come out.

The best advice I can give is book want you can afford at rack rates. If a promotion comes out that you qualify for you can either look at upgrading or pocketing the savings.

Upvote 0

marge

Original Poster
thanks for the replies! I guess it's kind of a take your chances thing. seems like a good idea to book now, but then again I worry that when they do release a special, all the allocated rooms will be gone so fast we won't get it. that's why I've been waiting. and maybe they might just say they are gone as we've already booked it, so why give someone the discount if they have no idea? then disney can make more money off us, you know? so that is my feeling what will happen. I know it's a bit of a pessimistic way to think, but Disney is a business!

I don't think I can use a US travel agent because I live overseas. I read somewhere they don't allow it anymore (or something like that)

a couple more questions: 1) i'm guessing you can only use one promotion. say, if you got the deal 10-25% off room rates you cannot also later do the free dining, too.
2)for the dining plan, can you use it at restaurants at Disney springs?
3)for undercover tourist, I would guess they send the tickets to your home? so does anyone know if overseas residents can buy from them? because with buying from Disney they won't send to us, we'd have to pick up upon check in to our hotel
4)for booking the hotel.. is it like flights where the longer you wait the more the price goes up or is it just you run the chance of the rooms being unavailable? if we don't book now, is it likely they won't have a standard room available at POFQ for may 2019 in a couple months? or if they do have one available that the price will be a lot higher than if we booked now? or is it a standard rate for the date range that is already set?

sorry for all the questions! it's hard enough to take in all this information, but also very difficult when living overseas. I also have to figure out when to book the flights which are going to be a fortune. but it'll all be worth it when we walk through the gates :) thanks everyone for your help!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I actually have clients from Australia, England, Ireland, Columbia, etc I can certainly book a package for you

to answer your questions:
1. Yes you can only use 1 promo
2. Yes you can use it at Disney Springs.
3. I don't deal with Undercover tourist so I cannot answer that
4. You will run into availability issues the longer you wait, not theprice

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom