Booking dining: website or app?

LindsayW

Original Poster
Is it a better bet to get onto the actual Disney website or use the app to book dining first thing in the morning? It seems like the app is locked up a lot. Wondered if one was better than another.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I use both. If I was only to use one I would say that my phone tends to operate a bit quicker. That being said I usually do it at my office, even though it’s stupid early, because my work has internet speeds just slightly faster than mine at home. I work any advantage I can and get what I want so I’m sticking to it.

JIMINYCR

Both have had their issues. I get frustrated any time I'm ready to make ADR's due to the unreliability of Disneys booking systems. I have had slightly better results using the website.

JohnD

Is it a better bet to get onto the actual Disney website or use the app to book dining first thing in the morning? It seems like the app is locked up a lot. Wondered if one was better than another.

I prefer app. The primary reason is this. Every ADR on the website requires me to reenter my credit card #. That just gets tedious. Also you can better filter, particularly by park, on the app.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I want to echo both. Had a weird experience this morning:

Booked HDD for 60+5 on my computer as soon as they opened (5:00 Central). All three performances said only Tier 3 was available (the radio buttons for Tiers 1 and 2 were unclickable), so I booked the Tier 3.

An hour later, just on a whim, I checked on my phone. Lo and behold, I was able to snag a Tier 1. And the app recognized my conflict and let me cancel the Tier 3 and book the Tier 1.

And if that doesn't sum up Disney's IT in a nutshell, I don't know what does.

DisneyfanMA

Now that I have my week of res locked in I'm nervous when I'm in the app that I'll accidentally cancel it. I know you have to click cancel and then probably accept it with a warning, ,so its unlikely. But that's just how I am. Haha. And the only reason I'm nervous is these were hard to get so if I lose them I would likely be out. I read on here someone was trying to modify or do something and accidentally canceled a hard to book place. There is always the possibility a live CM over the phone could undo it or get you a new res, but don't want to find out!!!!

Weather_Lady

I always have both ready as well, just in case something freezes up or is running slowly. I can't say I've had any better luck with one or the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom