Pre-Trip Booked yesterday - only 33 days to wait

Hi there

I had to do my first pre trip just to share the news that I am going to Disney and as the title suggests I have to wait just 33 days!

The countdown that was at 274 days is still there but this one has jumped in front!

2D9DA072-A586-46FE-8CFB-2D670D81DA45.jpeg

So how did this happen? Good question!

So my news years resolution was to go for a walk during my lunch hour for any days I worked at home - I never take a lunch hour so this in itself would be a challenge and I’m still trying to get rid of the weight I gain while in Disney in November so walking seemed a good option to clear my head and get some exercise.

So I asked Chris if he fancied a walk and yes he did so off we go..........

The holiday year at work starts on 1st April and runs to the end of March and I still had days to take but where to go?

So the conversation goes

Chris (will be C for future parts of the conversation) - so what do you fancy doing?
Me “I don’t really want to get on a plane I’ll be happy with a log cabin near a forest so we can do some walks”
C - “I fancy some sun”
Me “so what are your thought?”
C - “Mexico, Caribbean, Canaries”
Me- “we’ll lets see how much they are but that’s getting in a plane and I fancy just getting in a car and going somewhere”
C - “we could always go to Disney!”

Well right there and then I knew why I had married this man! His love of Disney has grown over the years - he’ll never be at my level but trust me he is getting there! Had he really just suggested WDW?

With a massive grin on my face I looked back at him and said

“We only went in November, we’re already booked for Nov 2018 I think it will be too expensive - are you serious? I didn’t wait for the reply - I tell you after that conversation the whole walk sped up so we could get home and check out prices.

Once home prices were checked - nothing seemed reasonable, Mexico was checked along with loads of other things

A day or 2 went by nothing sorted, no decision made, still discussing options - Then one night I was watching TV and a voice out of the study says

“How about Disney for £1400 each

My reply - do we have to walk there? What does that include? Bet those flights aren’t direct.

C- “hotel, direct flight and park tickets - it’s not Riverside though - is All star sports

- those of you who have read my TR in the last will know I’ve been to Disney 21 times (all Nov trips except in May 1998) and always at Riverside but this would mean I could go to Disney again albeit not in my beloved Riverside.

I did hesitate at this point and I turned to my WDW friends and posted in the trip planning forum around crowd levels for March and they told me what I already knew - that I wanted to go! Bite the bullet, ignore the crowds, better a busy day in Disney than anywhere else!
Did I need them to tell me. Probably not but as we couldn’t make the decision I knew my friends would - thank you. :)

So fast forward to last night - checked the price again - moved it forward a week and the price was cheaper - so booked it :D
total £2620 for a direct flight with Virgin, 14 day lark ticket and 10 night in All Star Sports. RESULT :D

November we have 14 nights hotel and park tickets at POR for £3458 and I don’t have a flight yet! Which will probably add another £1000

i am treating this whole trip as a bonus - we haven’t got our ticket reference number yet to do any fast passes so let’s see what happens - I’m hoping as we’re 33 days out at least the offsite guests won’t have booked anything yet

I can’t believe that I am going again - is this a dream?
In just 33 days I’ll be back home! We leave on 12th March!

108CF419-844B-43D7-9E15-99AC2DF4A1B8.jpeg

You just got to love this man!
He is my Prince Charming

555E0E0D-2F2F-40BA-B786-821068588458.jpeg

I had 2 things that I’d like to see and do in Disney

One was flower and garden - I love gardening and can’t wait to see everything
And the second is a not so scary Halloween party -

So if any of you have any tips for March, things to do, weather then please let me know

I am literally beyond excited and had to share with those who’ll understand.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
HAVE SO MUCH FUN TRACEY! I AM SOOOO EXCITED YOU GET TO HAVE ANOTHER DISNEY TRIP THIS YEAR!

WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL WEEK :):)

I’m back!
I Had so much fun and it was the best trip
I’m still smiling and don’t have Disney blues at all as I am just so fortunate to have got another trip in.

I’m had to tell you - so glad you got your flower and garden ears as I didn’t see 1 pair the whole time I was there!
I only saw 1 person wearing a pair too so your friend did well!

TR has started!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom