Bomas at AK Lodge

thewdwguru

Original Poster
I plan on bringing my 1 year old son to this restaurant for either bfast, lunch, or dinner next week. Which of these 3 meals would be best to view the animals roaming around the lodge?

Thanks

ToTBellHop

either an early breakfast or a late lunch. The animals are typically either asleep during the afternoon and they also have keepers out in the savannahs from about 9 am to 5 pm, and when they are out, the animals are kept out of the savannahs (out of your view). So either set out early to see the animals or have a 6 pm dinner and watch them before.

barnum42

Just checking that you are aware you will not see the animals when inside Boma. There are viewing areas near to Boma, but not actually in it.

That said, Boma is terrific, I've only eaten dinner there (I don't think they do lunch there, but best check in case I'm wrong) and loved it both times. It's great fun exploring the walkways and various viewing stations.

crazygirley

Nope, there are no windows facing the savannah's. You really aren't looking at much of anything except a pathway that leads to the Mara and to the pool. It's not as terrible as it seems, though. The resturant in itself gives you alot to look at, plus you get to eat the second you get there, so you never really need anything to look at. There are many lookout points on the various savannah's so you will be able to take time to see the animals. I recommend an early dinner to see the most of the animals, around 4:00. Have fun and don't forget to get a Zebra Dome!

Boma is only open for Breakfast and Dinner. I would definitely recommend dinner over breakfast. Having recently ate breakfast and dinner there, I can say that dinner is a much better value and thereis a much bigger variety of food. At breakfast it's the usual food with a few African inspired dishes. But at dinner, they have a huge variety of African dishes and also they have many things for picky people such as myself. I suggest an early dinner around 5. Make sure to make a PS because otherwise I have seen people waiting over an hour without one. This restaurant is THAT good! :D

wdwguru

And I though I was the wdwguru... :lol:

Boma's for dinner is awesome! Have an early dinner and go see the animals either before or after or both. They were still out around 7 pm when we got done. The food is really great!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Do an early dinner, while the sun is still out, and you may have a chance of seeing some animals afterwards.

wolf29

The animals are more active during the morning or late afternoon, but they are out throughout the day, or at least they were when we were there in May. We checked in around 2:30 & saw zebras, giraffes, antelope, Ankole cattle, and wildebeast within the first half hour there. On another occasion, we were able to view three giraffes from near the pool area at around 1:00. There are numerous viewing areas around the resort. Plan on going for dinner and spending an hour or two walking around the Lodge. It is facinating for those of all ages.

disneydummy125 said:
Make sure to make a PS because otherwise I have seen people waiting over an hour without one. This restaurant is THAT good! :D

<---- Waited over an hour! ;)

The Boma is my wife's favorite place to eat in the parks. Full of different things from anywhere else in the park. Personally, I enjoy breakfast there more than dinner. The juice they serve is fantastic! One of my favorite breakfast buffets! At dinner I usually stick to one or two things that are really good, except when it comes to dessert where everything they have is wonderful (Especially the Zebra Domes!)

MotoDisney

Dinner definately. One of my favorite places to eat. Usually 7:00 or so but we get there an 1/2 hour or so early and walk out directly behind the lobby to the animal viewing area before dinner. and then sometimes later on at night they have a campfire on the same patio with someone answering questions or telling stories. have a great time.

wannab@dis

The dinner at Boma's is AWESOME. It has become a tradition to go there after a day at AK. We try to get a PS (definately need priority seating at this restaurant) for about 7 or so. Gives us time to relax and change after a day at AK and then just drive over to AKL. This is usually the only time we touch our car during our stay! :)

They have guides at the viewing locations even after dark. We've met and talked to some great CM's after a nice dinner! I heard they sometimes have night vision available after dark... can anyone confirm? That would be a nice addition!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom